Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Isis and their cellphone bill

christian1971christian1971 Posts: 467 ✭✭✭
Ever wonder how Isis the terror group, pays there cellphone bill. How on earth can they get reception in the middle of the desert, and I living in the US, get a no service. What if they dont pay their bill. Willa sprint rep visit them in BF Egypt? Just a thought.

Comments

• Options
    raisindotraisindot Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    I nominate this for the NCR Topic of the Month. My hat's off to you, sir!
  • Options
    dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭
    Thats because they have very different laws concerning RF transmissions.

I used to work in the counter IED field, and cell phones are very popular for IEDS. They have portable home phones that literally have transmission distances of 9 miles. YES 9 MILES. you could be across town talking on your home land line.

They dont have an FCC.... so they dont care if one transmitted signal interferes with another, and thus they can get signal way out in BFE. Thats why you see all those wierd cans and tubes attached to tactical vehicles most are cell signal or RF Jammers.

Aj
  • Options
    RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    When I was in Afghanistan, the Taliban turned off the cell towers at night so they could not be tracked. They own that stuff.
  • Options
    dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭
    Rain:
    When I was in Afghanistan, the Taliban turned off the cell towers at night so they could not be tracked. They own that stuff.
    +1

Aj