Home General Discussion

C.O. Voter Fraud

JZJZ Posts: 827
Here is my 2 cents about the latest events on C.O. I am very disappointed that the contest had to be shutdown due to voter fraud. I find it ridiculous that "BOTL" would try to cheat their way to 5 free cigars. I wish we were able to find out who engaged in such activities and revoke their BOTL status. Bryan at C.O. was kind enough to offer a contest and provide the prize and basically was being taken advantage of. There were some great photos submitted (no I didn't have any submissions!). For those that were not trying to win by fraud I applaud you.

I 'll close with these actual headlines;

Council prepares to vote on smoking ban

Proposed Cigar Tax Burns Pennsylvania Tobacconists

Bars, Customers Decry Proposed Smoking Ban

This list goes on and on and on. With all of the opposition, we are all we have.

Comments

• KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    Yeah, it sucks, I actually had a picture in the contest.

"Long ashes my friends."

• how was it done?
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought it was BS a few of those ok pics had so many votes when the great pics had few. I enjoyed all of them though but voted for a BOTL off the forums here. Fraud for 5 sticks geez.
    jeff_connors:
    how was it done?
    Bryan said that he logged votes for the same IP, (or something like that)

"Long ashes my friends."

• JZJZ Posts: 827
    Someone probably used some online automatic voting deal. I remember back in early 2000?? some jackass in Boston did something similar and got Garciaparra 26 million votes for the allstar game.
    JZ:
    Someone probably used some online automatic voting deal. I remember back in early 2000?? some jackass in Boston did something similar and got Garciaparra 26 million votes for the allstar game.
    LOL

"Long ashes my friends."

• martymcg43martymcg43 Posts: 396
    i ended it with one vote. for my own pick. wasnt me...
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Hell even though I am from the land of " vote early and often" I only cast one vote.