Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Who here likes Jack Daniels

bert873bert873 Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭✭✭
Just checking to see who else likes JD

Comments

• Options
    EulogyEulogy Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not a huge fan of the original JD, gentleman jack isn't bad.
  • Options
    Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    Hell yes.
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • Options
    WaltBasilWaltBasil Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    Love it. All. Esp single barrel.
  • Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like jack and coke. Gentleman Jack on the rocks I also like. Otherwise I stick to my small batch bourbons and whiskeys typically.
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    Jack and coke for me. The honey is ok but gets a little too sweet sometimes. I haven't had the Gentlemen yet but will start looking to pick some up soon.
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like Jack Daniels whiskey. I don't like the way they do business - although any good capitalist would say I'm wrong.

Because of their business practices I don't buy JD any more.
  • Options
    twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My favourite as a matter fact I like it with Dr.pepper.call it a Doctor Daniels!
    no matter where you go, there you are.

• Options
    The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    Oh, did you mean the beverage or jd himself?
    Used to drink jack a lot but just sip whiskey now, maybe scotch. Walter hit me with some gentleman jack, and an undercrown, both delicious. Got some more undercrowns but no jack, yet
  • Options
    jlmarta:
    I like Jack Daniels whiskey. I don't like the way they do business - although any good capitalist would say I'm wrong.

What'd they do to piss you off?
  • Options
    jlmarta:

• Options
    Thanks for playing everyone! I will be putting all these names in a hat and pick a winner. I have an un opened 325 mL bottle but I don't drink to much anymore and don't want it to go to waste.
  • Options
    jimmyv723jimmyv723 Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭
    Lol, sneaky sneaky. It's good in Coke, I get the Mexican Coke just to have with a cigar or pipe sometimes, and one thing I had a couple times which was really good was the Honey version in with Apple Cider and then some cinnamon lightly sprinkled on top.
    Ken Light 3K MOW Badge - 8/14
    2015 Gang War - East Coast
    Enola Gay - Target #29

• Options
    Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    WaltBasil:
    Love it. All. Esp single barrel.
    I have a bottle of single barrel. Good stuff!
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    Winner is Ken Light! Who wants to share his addy with me
  • Options
    Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pm
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    Have any rum u want to be rid of?!?!??!?!??!
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    roland_7707:
    Have any rum u want to be rid of?!?!??!?!??!
    If I find some youre on the top of the list to get it
  • Options
    roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    Man, jokin.
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ahhhh brings back memories... Good ones I like it!
  • Options
    Ken Light:
    jlmarta:

As I said, a capitalist would say they did nothing wrong. What they did was this: Originally, JD was a 90 proof whiskey. It was popular, so they watered it down to 86 proof but left the price the same and didn't tell consumers what they did. Later, they watered it down again - this time to 80 proof and again left the price the same and didn't tell their customers about the cheapening of the product. To me, that's some sneaky BS. I can only fight that kind of crap with my wallet so that's what I'm doing. And I've found a bourbon that is practically indistinguishable from JD and costs less than half what they're charging for JD. That bourbon is Evan Williams. It's a good sour mash bourbon and every bit as good as JD.
  • Options
    mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭
    bert873:
    Winner is Ken Light! Who wants to share his addy with me
    Lol congrats Ken! Nice contest!!!!
  • Options
    On it's way Ken. 9405 9036 9930 0265 1601 26
  • Options
    Gray4lines:
    Pm
    I see how it is. ;D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    Congrats Ken. Thanks for the contest bro.
  • Options
    jlmarta:
    Ken Light:
    jlmarta:

As I said, a capitalist would say they did nothing wrong. What they did was this: Originally, JD was a 90 proof whiskey. It was popular, so they watered it down to 86 proof but left the price the same and didn't tell consumers what they did. Later, they watered it down again - this time to 80 proof and again left the price the same and didn't tell their customers about the cheapening of the product. To me, that's some sneaky BS. I can only fight that kind of crap with my wallet so that's what I'm doing. And I've found a bourbon that is practically indistinguishable from JD and costs less than half what they're charging for JD. That bourbon is Evan Williams. It's a good sour mash bourbon and every bit as good as JD.
    I hear you here. I didn't know it was ever 90, but I remember when it dropped to 80. I thought that was some shizzz, but not to the point of doing something about it. I buy Evan Williams by the handle, but I only mix it with Coke. Jack I can drink on the rocks. I think I can tell the difference. Well I know I can tell the difference because I've been drinking Jack since I was about 16. I don't know that Evan's worse than Jack, it's probably not, but it doesn't have the nostalgia that Jack does, if that makes sense.
  • Options
    Ken Light:
    jlmarta:
    Ken Light:
    jlmarta:

I hear you here. I didn't know it was ever 90, but I remember when it dropped to 80. I thought that was some shizzz, but not to the point of doing something about it. I buy Evan Williams by the handle, but I only mix it with Coke. Jack I can drink on the rocks. I think I can tell the difference. Well I know I can tell the difference because I've been drinking Jack since I was about 16. I don't know that Evan's worse than Jack, it's probably not, but it doesn't have the nostalgia that Jack does, if that makes sense.

Well, you're an exception, then, because in a blind taste test done neat or on the rocks, I'll bet most folks won't be able to identify which is which. I've drunk JD since back in the early 60's and about every way a person can - with Coke or 7up, then with soda, on the rocks, neat, you name it. I'm a real fan of bourbon, I think, and I can't tell the difference.
  • Options
    jlmarta:
    Ken Light:
    jlmarta:
    Ken Light:
    jlmarta:

Well, you're an exception, then, because in a blind taste test done neat or on the rocks, I'll bet most folks won't be able to identify which is which. I've drunk JD since back in the early 60's and about every way a person can - with Coke or 7up, then with soda, on the rocks, neat, you name it. I'm a real fan of bourbon, I think, and I can't tell the difference.
    I might have to try...I'd be surprised if I couldn't, I feel like I can even tell when they're in Coke, but it could be all in my head.
  • Options
    WaltBasilWaltBasil Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    Nice game. Like your style. And all this talk about Jack is making me mighty firsty...
  • Options
    Amazing package landed today, check out the thread in TP&B! This was DEFINITELY not NCR anymore...