Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Colorado welfare recipients withdraw money in Hawaii, St. Thomas, Vegas

2»

Comments

• Options
    SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    jd50ae:
    What happened to the work for benefits rules? I know some people can't work but the vast majority can. You don't have to be a rocket scientist to help clean up neighborhoods. I (IMHO) think if you had to show up at a work site to get your check/card a lot would be accomplished.
    Sure seems like this could work. If you claim to be unemployed, but able to work then put them to work!!! Lots of simple jobs out there that can be done by unskilled labor. This wouldn't be a cure-all, but it seems like it could help a lot.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    SleevePlz:
    jd50ae:
    What happened to the work for benefits rules? I know some people can't work but the vast majority can. You don't have to be a rocket scientist to help clean up neighborhoods. I (IMHO) think if you had to show up at a work site to get your check/card a lot would be accomplished.
    Sure seems like this could work. If you claim to be unemployed, but able to work then put them to work!!! Lots of simple jobs out there that can be done by unskilled labor. This wouldn't be a cure-all, but it seems like it could help a lot.

During the depression a lot of people participated in the same sort of program and they were glad to do it.