Home General Discussion
Options

CAO Extreme question

LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
what flavor profiles have you guys gotten out of it? I smoked one yesterday and it wasn't nearly as strong or big bodied as I was expecting... and tasted like an old ashtray. LOL!!!! did I get a bum stick?
Life is like a blind fiver. You never know what you're gonna get.

Comments

• Options
    bearbbearb Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭
    I have smoked about 5, all of them Rick (Rodriguez) gave me at Cfest this year, and each one was different. I agree, that it is not as full bodied as i expected. Much more of a medium stick. That being said, the first few were a tad green, as they were during or soon after Cfest...the others with a few months rest have been much more subdued. I enjoyed them, but not quite what i was expecting either. Still wont avoid them, but wont be on my 'must buy' list.
  • Options
    FireRobFireRob Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭
    Also agree with you both. I picked up a 5'er and only had one so far and put a couple in the trade/bomb cooler for if I ever notice it in someone's bio. Was expecting much more out of it then what I got. It was good and wouldn't turn one down in the future but I prefer many of the other CAO's.
  • Options
    LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
    I might pick one up at my B&M and let it rest a while and maybe revisit it next year. (which ive come to find and understand how cigars can sit so long without being smoked... You get new stuff and forget what else you have! lol) So if I do get one ill tuck it on the bottom row and be surprised when I rotate stock :)
    Life is like a blind fiver. You never know what you're gonna get.