Home Cigar 101

Joya de Nicaragua Antano

are they really that strong? Anything that is as strong?

Comments

• I dont think they're that strong. An Oliva V is definitely stronger in my opinion. But they are a nice smoke just the same. I keep a couple in my humi and I saw my B+M has a few boxes on the shelf where the sugars are starting to crystallize in the wrapper so they got the fuzz! I may try to talk them out of some at a discount since they're "cosmetically challenged".
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    I think they are about on par with the Oliva V. The Man O War Ruination is definately stronger, and the new Padilla Dominus is at least as strong if not stronger.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I still have not smoked anything that hit me as strongly as the Joya Antaño robusto did. My knees nearly buckled when I stood up after smoking that one. The other sizes are not as strong though.
    Yeah, I do remember the robusto being stronger than the Belicoso, the other sizes really kinda sucked though, lol.
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    I've never had the Antano, but there is one that has been staring at me from my humidor everytime I open it begging me to smoke him... Gotta thank Joe for that one! He hooked me up with it along with several others that I have never had!
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    If you like that one Jason, I'll have to remember to set you up with a belicoso, none of the other sizes really compare to how good that one size is, it's like the perfect balance of flavor and power.
    j0z3r:
    If you like that one Jason, I'll have to remember to set you up with a belicoso, none of the other sizes really compare to how good that one size is, it's like the perfect balance of flavor and power.
    I concur, but the robusto is pretty good. Like I said above, the other sizes (three of them anyways) aren't good at all, its wierd how much difference there is between the sizes in the Anatanos.
    I gotta say think you for that one Joe! Awesome smoke! I fired it up last night and it was one of the stronger more flavorful smokes I've had recently. Damn good!
  • LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    I really want to try this cigar now... bad
    You should Lassy. I have thought about it for a long time and since I got the one from Joe I've been looking forward to lighting it up. I'm very thankful to Joe now! It was the best thing Johnathan Drew has ever done IMO. I like it a lot better than the Liga Privada personally.
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    PuroFreak:
    You should Lassy. I have thought about it for a long time and since I got the one from Joe I've been looking forward to lighting it up. I'm very thankful to Joe now! It was the best thing Johnathan Drew has ever done IMO. I like it a lot better than the Liga Privada personally.

wait huh I thought JdN was only distributed through Drew Estates please tell me Johnathan had nothing to do with the blend....