Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Land speed Diesel powered pickup.

0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
My brother in law is crew chief/mechanic for this truck. (He's the big guy in the coveralls. LOL!)
They just went down to do the land speed runs.
Detroit Diesel powered pickup.
My niece uploaded these to youtube.

In Fumo Pax
Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
Atmospheric pressure and crap.

Comments

• Options
    Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's awesome, Tony! Felt like I was watching a rocket lift-off at Cape Canaveral!
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • Options
    The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    Wow that's haulin ass, what a great job
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmmmmm. Okay, so it's fast at the top end. What about acceleration??
  • Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    um....what kind of gas mileage does it get?
  • Options
    dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭
    Now thats whats up! I love it. Making a huge impact for the world of diesel! This is very cool to know somebody that knows somebody thats a part of that team. Id be very interested in learning some of the details and see some of the data logs from the runs. Id be very curious to see what the final boost# is at the top of the final gear.

Aj
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    dr_frankenstein56:
    Now thats whats up! I love it. Making a huge impact for the world of diesel! This is very cool to know somebody that knows somebody thats a part of that team. Id be very interested in learning some of the details and see some of the data logs from the runs. Id be very curious to see what the final boost# is at the top of the final gear.

Aj
    Art D i c k Jr (seriously? The censor stars out that word, but allows far worse???) is the driver of the truck. He holds (or held) the land speed record for a diesel powered pickup.
    He is a local from here.
    My brother in law, Ray worked for Detroit Diesel for about 30 years.
    He's worked on the truck for at least the last 5 years.
    The truck has run 203 mph, but this last trip they made, they couldn't get traction very well, so they bagged it.
    10 speed transmission and they couldn't get it into 9th or 10th, from what I was told.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.