Home Cigar 101

Digital Hygrometers. Help Me Pick A New One.......

dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭
I need a new one... I started a new cigar Jar.

My luck with these things has been poor so far... the 5 Xikars Ive had were terrible. I need to know who is using what and whats the most desired brand/model. im not concerned with cost... just want a quality unit. So gimme opinions as to whats the best and why you like it.

Aj

Comments

• jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i got a couple of these
    http://www.cigar.com/cigars/viewcigar.asp?prod=M-HYG10

they've worked perfectly for me.
    i always calibrate them out of the box to make sure they're correct, the adjustment dial is easy to use.
    i have them in different humis, so i'll check them against each other about every 6 months and they're always accurate.
    battery lasts about 2 years.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I saw one in a photo by Irishman +90 and I use one in every humidor. I put the all in a salt bag (they do not need calibrating) just to see if they were all close. heck, they all read the same.

And it is the "CALIBER IV ROUND ADJUSTABLE DIGITAL HYGROMETER". IMHO it is well worth the $25 and is far better then any analog I have used.

• D_FreshD_Fresh Posts: 610 ✭✭✭
    jgibv:
    i got a couple of these
    http://www.cigar.com/cigars/viewcigar.asp?prod=M-HYG10

they've worked perfectly for me.
    i always calibrate them out of the box to make sure they're correct, the adjustment dial is easy to use.
    i have them in different humis, so i'll check them against each other about every 6 months and they're always accurate.
    battery lasts about 2 years.
    This has also been reliable for me FWIW
  • dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭
    okay so in the lead, Hygro-set.

Aj
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jd50ae:
    I saw one in a photo by Irishman +90 and I use one in every humidor. I put the all in a salt bag (they do not need calibrating) just to see if they were all close. heck, they all read the same.

And it is the "CALIBER IV ROUND ADJUSTABLE DIGITAL HYGROMETER". IMHO it is well worth the $25 and is far better then any analog I have used.

Agree.
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Credo has been the most accurate and hassle free unit I've used. Cost me a bunch at a b&m but I was in a hurry. Damn thing has been spot on accurate every time I test It. It's small, square, and has large digital readout. Otherwise I have a handful of the old style round xikars that have been great excePt for one. And I have three hygrosets I have been pleased with. Oh, I also have two accurite brand weather thermometer/hygrometers from Walmart. And for $8 and change they work well too but they are a bit large compared to the xikars.