Home Ratings & Reviews

Caldwell Cigars

BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
Damn good, every one I've tried, the Murcias, King is Dead and Eastern Standard..... They can be a bit pricey except the Murcias which they call their "Jr. Varsity" line.

Comments

• danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good stuff
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Bigshizza:
    Damn good, every one I've tried, the Murcias, King is Dead and Eastern Standard..... They can be a bit pricey except the Murcias which they call their "Jr. Varsity" line.
    what are they like? Better then the leaded?
    Money can't buy taste
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lee.mcglynn:
    Bigshizza:
    To me, the Eastern Standard have an AVO/Davidoff feel to it. I'm looking for a few Silk Road (lancero) myself.
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lee.mcglynn:
    Bigshizza:
    Yeah better than the new release Viaje.
  • Glock1975Glock1975 Posts: 5,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree, King is Dead is great, as is Long Live the King, haven't had the Eastern Standard, but the Gibraltar is a mild reminds me of a Zino, and Murcias is very good for the price.
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    nice review jim. i agree. enjoyed the few murcias and king is dead that i've had.

murcias is "box-worthy" IMO, especially considering the price point.

did you have a chance to try the LE "stout" --- pretty sure they're all sold out now.

danielzreyes:
    I'm looking for a few Silk Road (lancero) myself.
    pm

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Edna20Edna20 Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just met Robert Caldwell at an event at the B&M. If you ever get a chance to check out one of his events, do it. If you buy some cigars, they give you a 3 pack of Yellow Cakes, they're a blend of the Eastern Standard, Long Live the King, and The King is Dead, and they are delicious. You can only get them at an event. I asked him if they would ever sell them and he said he wasn't sure and gave me a very detailed description of why that I didn't fully understand (cigar biz lingo). Very nice guy.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!
  • Glock1975Glock1975 Posts: 5,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edna20:
    Just met Robert Caldwell at an event at the B&M. If you ever get a chance to check out one of his events, do it. If you buy some cigars, they give you a 3 pack of Yellow Cakes, they're a blend of the Eastern Standard, Long Live the King, and The King is Dead, and they are delicious. You can only get them at an event. I asked him if they would ever sell them and he said he wasn't sure and gave me a very detailed description of why that I didn't fully understand (cigar biz lingo). Very nice guy.
    If ya ever want to trade 1 of those let me know, big Caldwell fan. I will make it good. :)