Home Non Cigar Related

The future of Jihad?

Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
This is crazy! Dude just pulled a hatchet in broad daylight and charged four cops!

"When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon

Comments

• jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ISIS threatened 1000s of single acts of murder.
  • Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    Worst. Jihad. Ever.
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We need to regulate hatchets. Do you realize any kid can go on line and order an assault hatchet from CampMor without a background check?

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ken Light:
    Worst. Jihad. Ever.
    Officer Kenneth Healey, whose head was cracked open by that hatchet, would probably beg to differ. But this is my point: If the focus of Muslim extremists moves decidedly in the direction of individual random acts of terror perpetrated by self-radicalized loonies like this guy, it's a whole new kind of threat. If this sort of attack gains momentum and becomes more widespread, how do we respond? Personally, I'm becoming much more consistent in exercising my 2nd amendment rights. Just sayin' that this is a disturbing trend.
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
    Puff_Dougie:
    Ken Light:
    Worst. Jihad. Ever.
    Officer Kenneth Healey, whose head was cracked open by that hatchet, would probably beg to differ. But this is my point: If the focus of Muslim extremists moves decidedly in the direction of individual random acts of terror perpetrated by self-radicalized loonies like this guy, it's a whole new kind of threat. If this sort of attack gains momentum and becomes more widespread, how do we respond? Personally, I'm becoming much more consistent in exercising my 2nd amendment rights. Just sayin' that this is a disturbing trend.
    The point of an act of terror is to use a small number of pawns to strike fear in the hearts of many orders of magnitude more pawns and maybe a couple higher-ranked people. This was a silly one-for-one trade. Beyond that, if we still all carried guns like in the 1800s, it wouldn't even be effective in most 1 for 1 trades. Kinda sad that an act of aggression that wouldn't have worked hundreds of years ago works now.
    Ken Light:
    Puff_Dougie:
    Ken Light:
    Worst. Jihad. Ever.
    The point of an act of terror is to use a small number of pawns to strike fear in the hearts of many orders of magnitude more pawns and maybe a couple higher-ranked people. This was a silly one-for-one trade. Beyond that, if we still all carried guns like in the 1800s, it wouldn't even be effective in most 1 for 1 trades. Kinda sad that an act of aggression that wouldn't have worked hundreds of years ago works now.
    If I were a conspiracy theorist, I'd be all over this ish, because it makes no sense at all. How did the officer not see that guy coming? The guy comes at a camera, which is presumably mounted on a wall or roof of some sort. So how could the officer be facing away from him? Was he looking in a storefront window? WTF was he doing?
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ken Light:
    WTF was he doing?
    Four rookie cops standing on a street corner were posing for a tourist's picture, when a bearded madman who we assume was inspired by the Religion of Peace ran up and whacked one on the arm, another on the head, before he was gunned down by the other two. A woman a block away caught a stray bullet.

Register hatchets.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

webmost:
    Ken Light:
    WTF was he doing?
    Four rookie cops standing on a street corner were posing for a tourist's picture, when a bearded madman who we assume was inspired by the Religion of Peace ran up and whacked one on the arm, another on the head, before he was gunned down by the other two. A woman a block away caught a stray bullet.

Register hatchets.

Who lets 4 rookies all stand around together with no one that knows their **** to help out? This isn't bumf*ck, this is queens. And this savage pawn just happens to pick those four to attack? Sounds awful lucky to me. Maybe I AM becoming a conspiracy theorist. Tin foil hat here I come.