Home General Discussion
Options

General takes another boutique

KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
Not looking forward to the eventual downhill slide of Torano. makes me sad...remember CAO before the buy out?? Used to be much better IMO before the sell out.

"Long ashes my friends."

Comments

• Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Getting kind of scary ain't it.
  • Options
    yup...I really liked the Leccia cigars too...very disappointing. Not holding my breath when they say "nothing is gonna change" BS

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    New_BootsNew_Boots Posts: 2,651 ✭✭
    Krieg:
    yup...I really liked the Leccia cigars too...very disappointing. Not holding my breath when they say "nothing is gonna change" BS
    I honestly think Torano just bowed out. Sam Leccia however, has stated, and I tend to believe...that he is still in charge of the blending and mixing of his sticks.
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's no lack of new boutiques.
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭
    webmost:
    +1^^^^
  • Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    mmccartneydc:
    webmost:
    +1^^^^

You have to wonder if (like start up software company's) they sally forth in the hopes of being bought up.
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Right now, General and Swisher are on the look out for the smaller companies to sell out.
    I made the comment to Toombes a while ago about Swisher looking to purchase a few smaller cigar manufacturers and with the FDA rules trying to come about, I figured there would be a couple that would merge with the larger companies.
    Especially lines that are popular with the cigar smokers.
    The numbers make sense.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    0patience:
    Right now, General and Swisher are on the look out for the smaller companies to sell out.
    I made the comment to Toombes a while ago about Swisher looking to purchase a few smaller cigar manufacturers and with the FDA rules trying to come about, I figured there would be a couple that would merge with the larger companies.
    The numbers make sense.
    Totally agree with you.wife and were talking about it and figure some companies are concerned about the future of there gas station cigars and trying to stay in the industry if they lose that.
    no matter where you go, there you are.

• Options
    0patience:
    The numbers make sense.
    Swisher bought Drew Estate

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    New Boots:
    Krieg:
    I honestly think Torano just bowed out. Sam Leccia however, has stated, and I tend to believe...that he is still in charge of the blending and mixing of his sticks.
    Yeah...tell that to Ernesto Perez - Crillo...he said the samething and look what happened there.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    New_BootsNew_Boots Posts: 2,651 ✭✭
    Krieg:
    New Boots:
    Krieg:
    Yeah...tell that to Ernesto Perez - Crillo...he said the samething and look what happened there.
    Well, nobody can predict the future...and money talks...every time.
  • Options
    webmost:
    +1^^^^
    Maybe not, but there are def a lack of boutiques that I like.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Krieg said:
    webmost:
    +1^^^^
    Maybe not, but there are def a lack of boutiques that I like.
    Just out of curiosity, what cigars do you like?
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    Monopolies are forming all around us. Think about tech industry, hobbies (cigars), craft breweries being sold to the macro's, etc. Pretty soon Google or Facebook or Disney will own everyone. :-)
  • Options
    WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,271 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That was a smooth necro right there.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,440 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe they'll have the capital to fight the FDA overlords.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain