Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

Nub Cameroon 358

I decided I would give this review forum a shot, and review a cigar that I picked up on a whim because I have heard good things about the Nub brand and the concept of the Nub line intrigued me. I bought both the Cameroon and the Habano so I will try the Habano some time later this week/next week.

Anyway, I thought the Cameroon was an amazing cigar. It was a lot more complex than I thought it would be and had some great flavors throughout the smoke. The cigar started off a little earthy and leathery with a very smooth tasting and smelling smoke. I was hoping for a bit more richness in the tastes though and thought that I was going to be let down by the mildness of it.

After about half the cigar was smoked, though, I got a very startling new taste that made me go, "wow." It picked up this real rich nut flavor that reminded me a lot of almonds and coffee grinds. I got real excited because I love cigars that have a slight nut flavor to them, and while a bit overbearing at times this flavor was very smooth and rich. The smoke also adopted a very strong spice note, but it was not peppery at all. The spice from the smoke actually made my nose tingle and my eyes water a bit, just because of the shock of spice. It was enjoyable though because it produced a nice depth to the cigar. After the ash fell off (which was just about touching the band because I hadnt removed it yet), the cigar picked up the leathery taste alongside the nut and spice flavors.

The cigar finished off about an hour and fifteen minutes after I lit it, and I wish it would've lasted longer but I was having trouble not burning my fingers at this point.

I dont know the preferred rating method for this forum, but I'm not the biggest fan of number ratings (I feel they can sometimes be misleading). Regardless, this cigar is definatly one that I will return to in the near future and also buy a few to put in a tupperdor/humidor to let them sit for a while and see how the taste is after a few months. The enjoyability of it was very close to my go-to Rocky Patel '92.

Hope this post is a good review as I look forward to trying to contribute to these forums with my novice opinions in the future! :-)

[edit] fixed! Took way to long to enter all the paragraph and line break coding, but whatever at least it is readable now!

Comments

• Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    Great review, I've smoked plenty of NUB Cammie's and agree with your review almost to a T. Also did you notice the little sweetness on your tongue, thats the Cameroon signature ;). The Habano is an excellent cigar as well much more full bodied and spicy. We prefer the RRS rating system around here I'll post that in a second. LOL seriously however you feel comfortable rating works for us.

Finally to get breaks you have to use the htmal line break which you'll have to look up bc we can't post it lol.
  • Options
    MarkbbMarkbb Posts: 196
    Nice review bwalk welcome and I have a few Nubs resting in the humi. I think I'll break one of them bad boys out for tonite and a rockglass of Turkey 101
  • Options
    bwalkbwalk Posts: 6
    I actually did notice it, but I was drinking a Jack and Coke and so I didnt attribute the sweetness to the cigar and just thought it was mainly the drink. Haha, I've only smoked a few cammys and now thinking about it, I am pretty sure everytime I've been drinking a Jack and Coke. I mean its my drink of choice so I'm not surprised but still a little odd.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Hey bwalk.. Nice review.. You really hit the nail on that one.. Especially the transition that happens in the cigar.. I found it changed a little before halfway but I do remember every time thinking .. I better get more of these..Nice cigar. Novice my eye, that was first rate bro.
  • Options
    urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    Great review. Thanks! I'd have to go back and look at my review to remember the details, but I definitely remember the Cameroon being my favorite of the Nub line, too. Need to grab a few on the next order, come to think of it.
  • Options
    bwalkbwalk Posts: 6
    Yea I couldnt remember if it was exactly half way or not. I was smoking the cigar on the roof of my parents house because it was a full moon and well I dont really get to do that much often any more, since I no longer live anywhere near their house. It was a nostalgic cigar I guess, haha. But thank you all for the votes of confidence in my review, I hope my future ones are insightful and accurate as well.
  • Options
    FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555

Hey thanks for the review Bwalk.

Anyone else have  any reviews of this or other Nub's out there?

very interested in this line.

• Options
    urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    I reviewed all 3 wrappers in my log. You'll also find reviews scattered through the "Whatcha Smokin'" thread.