Home Non Cigar Related
Options

West Coast BOTL

jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
I'm laying the groundwork for something in the future and need to know which of you BOTLs live in Northern California, Oregon, or Washington.

I know about 0Patience, LiquidChaos, and BigShizza. I think EChambers is from Bellingham, WA but I seem to recall a BOTL in Chehalis, WA and one or two in the Portland, OR area. Would any of you guys give me a shout if you live in that area, please? Or, if you know of a way for me to do a search of members in that area I'd appreciate knowing how. Thanks in advance.... ??

Comments

• Options
    Bad_MonkeyBad_Monkey Posts: 110
    I'm in the Seattle area.
  • Options
    EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep, I'm in Bellingham. Does this mean you're planning a trip this way? I think shotgunjohn is from south of tacoma but we've never met so not sure.
    -- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."
  • Options
    Echambers:
    Yep, I'm in Bellingham. Does this mean you're planning a trip this way? I think shotgunjohn is from south of tacoma but we've never met so not sure.

Yeah, I'm beginning to formulate a plan for a possible round, loopy (like me) trip with our trailer to see if I can orchestrate a few herfs with as many BOTLs as possible up in that general direction. If it looks feasible, it wouldn't be until next summer. It could turn out to be a logistical nightmare but I'll have a look anyway.
  • Options
    LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
    That would be awesome! I'm willing to travel a bit if it would help to find a centralized place to meet up! I'm in Portland but could travel north south east or west... As long as I can get The wife's approvall lol
    Life is like a blind fiver. You never know what you're gonna get.
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LiquidChaos66:
    That would be awesome! I'm willing to travel a bit if it would help to find a centralized place to meet up! I'm in Portland but could travel north south east or west... As long as I can get The wife's approvall lol
    Come to Fort Steven's State park.
    Make the Portland guys come to the coast for once. ROFL!!
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    LiquidChaos66:

Yeah, that's where the logistical part comes in - trying to identify a group in a given area and then hitting a day when it's convenient for those in that group. For example, you're in Portland, Tony (0Patience) is in the Astoria area and I think there was a guy in Chehalis which isn't too far north of Portland... And the beat goes on....??
  • Options
    There are campgrounds in the Longview area, that would be pretty much central to Portland, Chehalis and Astoria.
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Options
    Tell me what kind of place you like to stay and I'll ask around. I camp a lot but still use a tent. There are some pretty cool WWII forts in the Puget Sound and I would definitely make it out there for a night or two.
  • Options
    Echambers:
    Tell me what kind of place you like to stay and I'll ask around. I camp a lot but still use a tent. There are some pretty cool WWII forts in the Puget Sound and I would definitely make it out there for a night or two.

From what I remember of when I lived in Longview, Washington State parks were some of the best I've encountered. California State Parks are, for the most part, a disaster if you're pulling a trailer. They're not laid out with the thought in mind that backing a trailer into a campsite isn't easy if the entrance driveway is at 90 degrees to the access road and is even worse if you're having to back to the right. You're blind in that direction. The other thing California is bad about is not trimming overhead branches high enough which can shred your roof when you drive under them.

I seem to recall that Oregon parks were also better than California. Another thing to watch is that most states have a 28' maximum for trailers and RV's. Mine is a bit longer... not much - it's 29' - but I could get caught by a technicality.... Lol
  • Options
    jlmarta:
    Echambers:

From what I remember of when I lived in Longview, Washington State parks were some of the best I've encountered. California State Parks are, for the most part, a disaster if you're pulling a trailer. They're not laid out with the thought in mind that backing a trailer into a campsite isn't easy if the entrance driveway is at 90 degrees to the access road and is even worse if you're having to back to the right. You're blind in that direction. The other thing California is bad about is not trimming overhead branches high enough which can shred your roof when you drive under them.

I seem to recall that Oregon parks were also better than California. Another thing to watch is that most states have a 28' maximum for trailers and RV's. Mine is a bit longer... not much - it's 29' - but I could get caught by a technicality.... Lol
    Many Washington State parks allow trailers in excess of 32 feet.
  • Options
    Check out Fort Steven's state park and LL Stub Stewart park.
    LL Stub has cabins and RV spots. Great places
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said: