Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Dodge Magnum or Chrysler 300

LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
So if my mustang happens (for some stupid reason) gets totaled out... I have narrowed it down to one of the above mentioned cars. Anyone own one of these? If so... whats your thoughts? If you don't own one of these... Whats your thoughts on the choice? Im kinda leaning towards the Magnum but have not decided for sure yet. Both meet the needs I require. Family car, Decent mileage, plenty of space and the both look pretty cool. lol
Life is like a blind fiver. You never know what you're gonna get.

Comments

• Options
    Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Don't own either but all that I saw was Chrysler transmition
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    Poopy_JonesPoopy_Jones Posts: 455 ✭✭✭
    Chrysler/Dodge don't make very good cars Chris. I don't own one myself but my friends who do regret buying them
  • Options
    smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had 2 Magnums for company cars a few years. I really liked the car..but then again when something is free you are kind of biased. My wife and kids really liked the magnum(s) as well. My first one was silver and my 2nd one was black. I still see magnums on the road from time to time and it brings back good memories. As for the 300..there isn't much in terms of trunk space but I look the overall look and interior of the 300. My company has now switched us over to FORDS but my co workers used to say good things about the 300's. just my opinion.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    every time i see a Magnum i think to myself "nice station wagon"

...but you do what you gotta do.

of the two id go 300.
  • Options
    I'm really quite torn. I've done quite a bit of research online. Both cars have decent reviews and reliability ratings. I liked my PT Cruiser and found it to be very reliable and pretty well built. I like that both are fairly bulky and sturdy. Despite being a station wagon it's kinda ****. I have yet to have a chance to drive either of them or even sit in either. We will see after I get my repair estimate on my mustang if either be a possibility of being mine. Lol
  • Options
    avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a 300C. I was able to fit 3 car seats in it (there was no way I was buying a van) and I found the trunk space to be enough for me. I mostly bought it for the awesome power it puts out and the looks. I have had it from about 80k miles to now at 150k and the only thing I have had to do besides oil changes are brakes and front struts.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • Options
    Oh my other thought is if you live in an area that gets snow I would try to find an AWD version as well the RWD can be fun at times but a *** at others.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • Options
    Ok... so doing more research last night and after reading the last couple posts... im now pretty sure im gonna end up in a 300 if my stang is totaled out.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    I hope your Stang survives. I don't own either and I personally wouldn't consider either of them ever. Those are my preferences but I hope you get the one you like and you enjoy it.
  • Options
    Im torn on the status of m mustang... I love my car but I don't think I can deal with all the random crap that has been happening. Its just been a jinx from day one. but I don't wanna lose my dream car. lol
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i've never driven nor ridden in either ....

.....but.....

friend has a charger and i've ridden in it a lot. (we used to carpool about 3 times/week, about 100 miles roundtrip). pretty decent ride. fairly smooth and relatively quiet.
    he's got one of the lower rwd models but it's got nice get-up-and-go to it. he'd always punch it on the freeway-on ramp.

former coworker's husband had a dodge magnum. they loved it, (coworker even said there was more space in the magnum than her ford escape and she preferred driving the magnum, fwiw)

300s are sleek but i'd never drive one. everytime i see a 300 all i can think is "gangster car" or "rap video"....

charger / magnum / and 300 are all the same platform though so i bet they all ride just about the same
    if you need more space i'd say go with the magnum since it's a "station wagon".

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    Didn't think about a Charger... Might have to look into that now... lol
  • Options
    LiquidChaos66:
    Didn't think about a Charger... Might have to look into that now... lol
    haha sorry for making your list longer and not shorter!

dunno what your price-point is but the charger r/t with the v8 hemi is a friggin beast. personally, i'd get it with AWD too for better handling (especially in wet/winter weather)

• Options
    LOL! Yeah no worries... I like the chargers a lot... but I think with my insurance im gonna try to keep away from any performance or luxury edition cars. just to save a buck
  • Options
    LiquidChaos66:
    LOL! Yeah no worries... I like the chargers a lot... but I think with my insurance im gonna try to keep away from any performance or luxury edition cars. just to save a buck
    smart move.
    good idea to check with your insurance before buying something, and see how the rates/classifications differ between models (and even between trim levels).

• Options
    I should have an estimate on the mustangs repairs today... If its bad enough im gonna start checking on rates and cars... Cross your fingers. lol
  • Options
    No news on my estimate till tomorrow afternoon. They have to manually type up an estimate since my car is so old. lol
  • Options
    And that takes an entire day? Man we rely on technology too much.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

• Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    avengethis:
    cant figure out how to work the pen.
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, you know what they say - opinions are like belly buttons, everybody's got one. Mine is, dollar for dollar and looks for looks, I'd go with the Magnum. I'm a big fan of classic lines to a car and after a few generations of Chrysler products with absolutely no style at all, the Magnum far outshines the 300. Just MHO.... ??
  • Options
    kuzi16:
    avengethis:
    cant figure out how to work the pen.

Yeah they have to search for the parts online and with local classic car shops, calculate the metal working time and then match the discontinued paint. I think most of the time is gonna be tracking down the parts for it.

I think honestly it will come down to if I have the money.... which car is most available on the market and which car has least miles and best condition. Magnum or 300.... I like them both equally for different reasons. its up to internets and autotrader now lol
  • Options
    allsmokedupallsmokedup Posts: 751 ✭✭
    LiquidChaos66:

The 300 is classified as a luxury car.... by Chrysler. No point getting either if you're not getting the nastiest engine aka hemi... they're too obese to stay outta their own way otherwise.
  • Options
    allsmokedup:
    LiquidChaos66:

The 300 is classified as a luxury car.... by Chrysler. No point getting either if you're not getting the nastiest engine aka hemi... they're too obese to stay outta their own way otherwise.

That's fine by me! cause im the exact same way! lol
  • Options
    allsmokedupallsmokedup Posts: 751 ✭✭
    LiquidChaos66:
    allsmokedup:
    LiquidChaos66:

That's fine by me! cause im the exact same way! lol

Hah, so Magnum RT at least, I guess? And I see that the latest model 300 has a decent 292 hp non-hemi engine.
  • Options
    Repairs come up to $5400. they haven't torn it down yet to check for structural issues. so there is still a chance insurance will total it out.