Home General Discussion

I did not order these.

jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
And when I got an e-mail notification they had been shipped (not CCom) I e-mailed back and was told that they were a BO. Hmmm.....so today they arrived along with a notification from my bank that I am OD, including a $36.50 OD fee. Hmmm...Now, I am almost manic about my account balance and I have not had an OD since I took control of the account from my wife. Since when is a charge made after the item ships and is delivered.

Comments

• EulogyEulogy Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That sucks JD, the banks always hit hard with over draft fees.
  • MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    Love those, JD.

Sucks about the overdraft. Most places don't charge until they have the product...

So my haul today included 5 DPG Blue and 5 Oliva Melanio courtesy of my wife. The sales guy from ccom must also have talked her into getting some stock out of the warehouse because she did a grab bag of 10 sticks, too. Got a couple of Torano and a La Perla out of it.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • variant2variant2 Posts: 882 ✭✭✭✭
    So the BO (I assume backorder) is BS?

Cнeerѕ! Moтнerғυcĸer
  • SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    If your bankers are anything like my local ones, just go in and explain what happened. They have the power to remove overdraft charges and typically will to keep the customers happy. Worth a shot.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    Ohh...about that...sry I ordered those on your credit card
  • Glock1975Glock1975 Posts: 5,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ddubridge:
    *** move.
  • ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    Glock1975:
    ddubridge:
    *** move.
    I am the intern a**hole...or I try.
  • EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,182 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That sucks buddy. Will they let you send them back?
    -- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."
  • Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    SleevePlz:
    If your bankers are anything like my local ones, just go in and explain what happened. They have the power to remove overdraft charges and typically will to keep the customers happy. Worth a shot.
    This is definitely worth a try here. Might not work if you're with one of the big corporate banks, though. Except maybe TD. I just got a check for a class action settlement concerning their OD fees, so they might be more inclined to cooperate now. :)
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ken Light:
    SleevePlz:
    This is definitely worth a try here. Might not work if you're with one of the big corporate banks, though. Except maybe TD. I just got a check for a class action settlement concerning their OD fees, so they might be more inclined to cooperate now. :)

Years ago I had an account with a now defunct bank. I made a large deposit from a another bank and 3 days later started writing checks. They hit me with INF fees to to tune of $300 and I went through the roof. It seems they were holding the deposit for 7 days before honoring it. They ended up repaying me the $300 and another $300 for their error. A Law had just passed forcing banks to pay an equal amount when the mistake was theirs. They were merged with BOA who tried to screw us after the tornado and they ended up paying us as a result of a class action suit.

I am working with a nice guy at FXXXXS cigars and it looks like it will be taken care of.
  • Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    jd50ae:
    Ken Light:
    SleevePlz:

Years ago I had an account with a now defunct bank. I made a large deposit from a another bank and 3 days later started writing checks. They hit me with INF fees to to tune of $300 and I went through the roof. It seems they were holding the deposit for 7 days before honoring it. They ended up repaying me the $300 and another $300 for their error. A Law had just passed forcing banks to pay an equal amount when the mistake was theirs. They were merged with BOA who tried to screw us after the tornado and they ended up paying us as a result of a class action suit.

I am working with a nice guy at FXXXXS cigars and it looks like it will be taken care of.
    That's good to hear! My incident with TD terrible as well. I checked my balance, notice it was overdrawn, and then called to make an internal transfer from savings to checking to cover the overdraft and allow me to pay further expenses (I was out of town at a conference). Somehow the customer service rep was able to process a transfer BACKWARDS (checking to savings), further overdrafting my account. Something like 3 or 4 further overdrafts were then made when things that autodraft came out of the account that day. I had to argue for hours in person and on the phone over the course of about a week to even get a partial credit back from them, even though I was admitting that the first one was my fault all along and that charge should stand. I think I still paid for one extra in the end.
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ken Light:
    jd50ae:
    Ken Light:
    SleevePlz:

That's good to hear! My incident with TD terrible as well. I checked my balance, notice it was overdrawn, and then called to make an internal transfer from savings to checking to cover the overdraft and allow me to pay further expenses (I was out of town at a conference). Somehow the customer service rep was able to process a transfer BACKWARDS (checking to savings), further overdrafting my account. Something like 3 or 4 further overdrafts were then made when things that autodraft came out of the account that day. I had to argue for hours in person and on the phone over the course of about a week to even get a partial credit back from them, even though I was admitting that the first one was my fault all along and that charge should stand. I think I still paid for one extra in the end.

Banks are like the IRS and are a power unto themselves and answer to no one.