Home General Discussion

cigars that are not long for temps that are not hot

RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
What's a good winter smoke?

Comments

• No_one21No_one21 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭
    I heard you can cut a lancero in half to make two winter smokes....
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^^^^^ you can do that with perfectos too. Cut in half = 2 torpedoes FTW ;-) ;-) ;-) hahahah

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    Just make sure and seal the wrapper when you do that with some torcedors glue...
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    Rain:
    do you even search function bro???
  • EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,182 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So winter in Texas is what, low 70s???
    -- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."
  • youngryan216youngryan216 Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭
    Rain:
    I hate you guys.
    ISO Ramrod and Ron Mexico
    I actually decided that I'm cutting up all my cigars and smoking them out of a pipe this winter.
  • Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    youngryan216:
    I actually decided that I'm cutting up all my cigars and smoking them out of a pipe this winter.
    I just had a terrible vision. I saw DZR with a meat grinder, a pipe, and a couple Opus.
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    Ken Light:
    youngryan216:
    I just had a terrible vision. I saw DZR with a meat grinder, a pipe, and a couple Opus.
    And he stores the bits in a bag made from socks.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How much are meat grinders?
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
    danielzreyes:
    Ever get the feeling of someone standing behind you after you were dared to say "Bloody mary" into the mirror?
    Ken Light:
    danielzreyes:
    Ever get the feeling of someone standing behind you after you were dared to say "Bloody mary" into the mirror?
    Every time I post
    youngryan216:
    Ken Light:
    danielzreyes:
    Every time I post
    Hahahahahah, nice.
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    photo 96A96EAB-D05F-4AB8-8FF0-E81097C34BAB.png
    Money can't buy taste
  • rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 7,084 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its 36 and snowing here right now. I think the lanceros are done until spring
  • EulogyEulogy Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We need rain really badly and there's none in sight for at least 2 weeks. It's about 70 degrees today.
    I was thinking of CA weather when I saw your addy on the stogie stands pass. You lucky man. Do you even long johns bro? Hahaha I'm gonna bust mine out pretty soon.
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    youngryan216:
    I was thinking of CA weather when I saw your addy on the stogie stands pass. You lucky man. Do you even long johns bro? Hahaha I'm gonna bust mine out pretty soon.
    I'm hot
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
    danielzreyes:
    youngryan216:
    I'm hot
    Have you been to the Workaholics house?
  • First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's 34 and clear here. It is 60 degrees in my studio with a wood stove going and a rocking chair and a stogie with a big cup of coffee. If I need to I can hit the exaust fan and clear the air in 5 minutes. If i want to burn one outside I climb into my insulated coverhalls, boots, and hat and drag my chair out the door.It is usually short robustos or skinny smokes for my AM smoke and toros after supper. My nearest B&M is 75 miles away on curvy mountain roads so I usually smoke solo. Anybody get to these NC mountains give me a heads up and we will dig a couple out of my humidor. Yesterday was a Camancho Triple Maduro AM and a Cadwell Long Live the King PM.
  • rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 7,084 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was in Raleigh NC earlier in the week. Was not too mountain like though.
  • First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm in Avery County about 5 miles from the Tenn. line. Close to Grandfather Mountain.
    Looks like I'm going to buy a box of these . . . 30 min tops. I smoked in my truck because it's 37° fml
  • D_FreshD_Fresh Posts: 610 ✭✭✭
    youngryan216:
    Looks like I'm going to buy a box of these . . . 30 min tops. I smoked in my truck because it's 37° fml
    Short story or best seller?
    Shortie
  • EulogyEulogy Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    danielzreyes:
    youngryan216:
    I'm hot
    It's like mid 70's today and I've never owned a pair of long Johns. A nice thing about here is definitely the weather.
  • ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    Speaking of short smokes...looking to off a few MOW Virtue Churchill.
    Lmao! I realized why when I looked at your location. The midwest winter struggle is real. Go blue!
    I bought a Romeo y Julieta Reserva Real Cuentos tin and also a tin of Sancho Panza Matadors.
    Mostly because it has been 30° for several consecutive days and I am tired of trying to enjoy a smoke in front of my space heater for 90 min.

I'll let you guys know my thoughts on them after a short rest. I love Reserva Real and the matadors are connies with a broadleaf binder (always a tasty combo in my experience) so I feel like this was a good buy at $20 total for 18 smokes.
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Opus a's
    Money can't buy taste