Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Pappy.

WaltBasilWaltBasil Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
'nuff Said. My second year in a row of getting to try some.

IMG_4592

Just goes to show, don't rely on the stores checking out their other stores for you. They told us there were none left. Found the last bottle still sitting in the lockup cabinet. Dude at the counter looked kinda sad when I asked him for it. He lovingly dropped it into the red velvet sleeve and presented it to me as if it were the holy grail. Same store I got it from last year, only my wife got it for me as a Christmas present.

Comments

• Options
    Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice! I've yet to try pappy, but maybe one day!
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    Question is, what to smoke with this tonight... I believe an Ashton VSG.
  • Options
    Sounds like a plan. I had a MY antiguidad with some woodford double oaked. Fall is perfect bourbon weather
  • Options
    IMG_4593

The smoke is from onestrangeone. Thanks again bro...
  • Options
    D_FreshD_Fresh Posts: 610 ✭✭✭
    WaltBasil:

IMG_4592

Just goes to show, don't rely on the stores checking out their other stores for you. They told us there were none left. Found the last bottle still sitting in the lockup cabinet. Dude at the counter looked kinda sad when I asked him for it. He lovingly dropped it into the red velvet sleeve and presented it to me as if it were the holy grail. Same store I got it from last year, only my wife got it for me as a Christmas present.
    Awesome! This is my week to get it hopefully. If nothing else I have a shot at it in a lottery next Saturday. Congratulations, so jealous!
  • Options
    dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭
    Walt is ballin as usual! man thats some fancy swoon right there....

Aj
  • Options
    wahooschockwahooschock Posts: 792 ✭✭✭
    Gray4lines:
    Sounds like a plan. I had a MY antiguidad with some woodford double oaked. Fall is perfect bourbon weather
    is the double oak better than the reserve? lovewoodfrod and want to try more.
    I love my pack and a good community (cigars/Vape)
    "I'm at the point in my life where if it doesn't taste good,I'm not putting it in my mouth"
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gray4lines:
    Fall Every season is perfect bourbon weather
    FTFY, Gray

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jgibv:
    Gray4lines:
    FTFY, Gray

Is iy made in TN? Whole shelf of it here.
  • Options
    JHeweyJHewey Posts: 2,421 ✭✭✭
    jd50ae:
    jgibv:
    Gray4lines:
    FTFY, Gray

You have pappy on the shelf? If so we need to talk. Lol
  • Options
    WaltBasil:

IMG_4592

,br>
    Poor guy. Probably thought he could hide it until he got paid.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    Congrats Walt. I heard this was going to be the last "good" year. I hope you enjoy it bro. And I still owe you a lil sumpin sumpin. Don't think I forgot.
  • Options
    JHewey:
    jd50ae:
    jgibv:
    Gray4lines:
    FTFY, Gray

You have pappy on the shelf? If so we need to talk. Lol
    Seriously! I just found out that 2700 people have registered for the Pappy lottery that one of the local liquor chains is having. Not liking my odds. Dumbfounded that it would be a whole shelf
  • Options
  • Options
    I know all the places in Indianapolis that are supposed to get it. Problem is there's either a lottery or never hits the shelves and goes to friends of people that work at the stores. Even worse are the people that sell it on the secondary market. I understand it because it goes for a lot more, but I want it because I'll drink and enjoy it!
  • Options
    wahooschock:
    Gray4lines:
    is the double oak better than the reserve? lovewoodfrod and want to try more.
    Better, mmmmm nah, just a little different, but very good. I think a little more complex than Woodford reg line. I will likely grab another bottle. It's about $15 more than woodford though!
  • Options
    jgibv:
    Gray4lines:
    FTFY, Gray
    Silly me
  • Options
    Glock1975Glock1975 Posts: 5,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jd50ae:
    jgibv:
    Gray4lines:
    FTFY, Gray

If this is right, can u provide the name if the store please so I may contact them? Thanks
  • Options
    No luck at the lottery today, bummer. Ended up walking out with an Elijah Craig barrel proof and Wild Turkey Diamond as consolation. Hopefully I can still score a bottle or two in the next couple weeks.