Home Non Cigar Related

FREE -- Photo restoration (gauging interest)

variant2variant2 Posts: 882 ✭✭✭✭
Just wondering if there are any members here (at least one year), in good standing, that would love to have a special photo that is very dear to them restored for the holidays.

Checking to see if there is any interest.
Cнeerѕ! Moтнerғυcĸer

Comments

• variant2variant2 Posts: 882 ✭✭✭✭
    A couple of examples of what I'm offering: image

Cнeerѕ! Moтнerғυcĸer
  • mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭
    This is VERY cool. Awesome work bro! I will definitely keep this in mind!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    What a generous offer. I will check the albums to see if I have any. Are there any size or other restrictions? I will definitely compensate you.
  • Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    That's amazing work, and indeed very generous of you to offer. If I had anything to restore I'd jump at the chance, but (fortunately) I don't.
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    Cool work. My dad has digitized a bunch of old family photos and slides, but fortunately, most are in pretty good shape. There is one of my grandparents that might need some work and which he might appreciate. I probably don't have any access to the original photo, though. What kind of file size and resolution would you need to work on a photo? Can you do color?
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
    james40:
    What a generous offer. I will check the albums to see if I have any. Are there any size or other restrictions? I will definitely compensate you.
    Original must be a maximum size of 8x10 so that it fits in my scanner.

Although I can recreate areas that are torn or creased or faded, I'm also limited by how much of the picture information is missing. If you supply me with a picture that is completely faded, or there's a big tear across the subject's face, I may not be able to pull enough of the image information to properly restore it.

And don't worry about compensation. This is something that I enjoy doing and I always welcome a challenge.

In case there's a lot of interest, I would also like to set priority to members that can benefit the most from my services. I've helped out various people that had their photos damaged from hurricanes, floods, etc., or others that recently lost a loved one. Other instances may also include restoring an old wedding photograph of your parents that you may want to give them for the holidays.

Please keep in mind that I'm limited with how many people I can help before the holidays since I do this on my free time.

Cнeerѕ! Moтнerғυcĸer
    Martel:
    Cool work. My dad has digitized a bunch of old family photos and slides, but fortunately, most are in pretty good shape. There is one of my grandparents that might need some work and which he might appreciate. I probably don't have any access to the original photo, though. What kind of file size and resolution would you need to work on a photo? Can you do color?
    Looking for at least 300ppi in full color saved as a TIFF (uncompressed). The more data I have, the more success I have.

I can also colorize the pictures but that requires a lot more work and recollection of the original colors of the photo. My current objective is to help as many good standing members here before the holidays. If there's not a lot of interest, I may be able to colorize the photo if you need it for the holidays.

Cнeerѕ! Moтнerғυcĸer
  • flowbeeflowbee Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭
    That's a great talent bro!! Nice offer as well

The photos on your website are excellent, I am just starting to build up my equipment, I just got a 18-55 2.8 sigma lens to play with.
  • Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Super cool skills, Nick! Don't think I've got any photos needing restoration, but this is a great thing to do!
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
    Thanks to all for the kind comments.
    flowbee:
    That's a great talent bro!! Nice offer as well

The photos on your website are excellent, I am just starting to build up my equipment, I just got a 18-55 2.8 sigma lens to play with.
    Thanks Chris.

Photography is a great hobby. Like cigars, I find it relaxing to the mind and taxing to the wallet.

Let me know if you need any help / advice.

Cнeerѕ! Moтнerғυcĸer
  • avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm sending you a pm Variant!
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
    PM answered!
    Cнeerѕ! Moтнerғυcĸer
    Back at you.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
    Ding!
    Cнeerѕ! Moтнerғυcĸer
    Thats a winner.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!