Home Non Cigar Related

Comments

• Options
    youngryan216youngryan216 Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭
    Here's the thing. . .When the creative force behind a band is done, the band is done.
    However, he totally can't sing like he used to, and I think that is what this is mostly about. For a singer as vocally acrobatic as Plant, age is not kind.

They played a reunion show for Ahmet Ertegun (sp) and everything was played 1/2 step down from the original material. (which is to say, lower and more vocally accessible, but not the recognizable tunings and pitches the mind instantly recalls from album versions.)

Farewell tours are always full of rich, old yuppies b/c of inflated ticket prices, and I think Plant despises being paraded out like some old fossil that used to be beautiful.

I would love to see it, but he's pretty resolute. Damn shame honestly.
    ISO Ramrod and Ron Mexico
  • Options
    Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    Dude, it's obvious, isn't it? He can't do it. He can't hit the notes, he doesn't want to make that their last blaze or glory, that they're remembered for. And he might not even be able to sing that many shows in a short period.
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • Options
    youngryan216youngryan216 Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭
    Hahah thought you'd like this Kuzi
    ISO Ramrod and Ron Mexico
  • Options
    raisindotraisindot Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    Have you listened to or watched Celebration Day, their 2012 reunion concert? What a travesty. Plant couldn't hit the high notes even with the retuned versions and Page's guitar playing was a complete mess. Plant is right in turning this down. They had a great run, but the dream is over.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    thats all why im just a little mad.
    i mean at some point, i would imagine that he would be tired of playing the same songs at 66 that he was playing at 21.
    not really sure if "do it for the fans!" is a good enough reason.