Home General Discussion
Options

How cold is too cold to smoke?

2»

Comments

• Options
    CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    youngryan216:
    And brother CharlieHeis tried to bomb me at my old address over a week ago. They have my forwarding addy but, I have a feeling I'm gonna get some cigarcicles forwarded here in a few days lol
    No worries on the temp. I received an order last year when it was -10 and everybody told me not to worry about it. I was more worried about your bomb getting a little dry. Let them rest a while and they'll be fine.
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I once smoked outside at work when it was -17 degrees out. Had to be out there working so I figured I should make the best of it.
  • Options
    FireRobFireRob Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭
    jgibv:
    FireRob:
    So here I am sitting on the back patio at work smoking a Camacho Ditka 89 and it's 39* and fairly windy. I am in work out shorts a T-shirt and a light jacket. I am half way through the cigar and I'll admit my legs and hands are getting a bit on the cold side.

At what temp do you draw the line for outside smokes?
    You are crazy bro. If the temp gets below 40 you bet your a$$ I'm throwing on a coat and gloves! And shorts when it's 39!! NO WAY!!!!

If it makes you feel better half way into the cigar I went and put on my bunker pants.

Normally when its really cold, if I am at home, I have a wood shop to smoke in, and if a guy wasn't working out/exercising I would have been in the truck room when I posted this. Actually I usually don't smoke a cigar at work with out the other guys but I was the only one in the mood, so out side in the cold I went. It was chilly, I admit but wasn't miserable.
  • Options
    FireRobFireRob Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭
    youngryan216:
    Good info. How long do you generally freeze new sticks before the beetles (if any) perish? Might start doing that myself.
    Been some big debates on what's needed. Ask Kuzi and Catfish about their differing opinions. Me personally, I throw them in the freezer for a weekish give or take then a dayish or two (sometimes longer if I forget) in the fridge.
  • Options
    bripperbripper Posts: 74 ✭✭
    Got a 40-degree rule. Under 40 is not good for me or the cigars. I bend the rule on the rare evening, maybe once a year, when we get a little snow. Like to go out for a smoke, take off my hat and feel the falling snow.
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    D_FreshD_Fresh Posts: 610 ✭✭✭
    Apparently 25 is doable for me since I just smoked an AF short story. Thankfully it isn't windy and probably won't do it all the time but since I'm at work I had nothing better to do LOL
  • Options
    bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    For me it depends on the situation. If I don't think I'm going to enjoy the cigar I'll pass at any temperature. When I'm winter camping and outside 24hrs a day for several days in a row without a campfire all of a sudden smoking a big cigar in very cold temperatures doesn't seem that unusual. After a long day and a bunch of us herf while sitting in a shoveled seat in a snowbank in the woods surrounded by our hiking and skiing gear it's phenomenal regardless of the temperature. I've enjoyed churchills like that.
  • Options
    Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it's not windy, I enjoy smoking in the cold. 30's and snowy is nice. But when I'm not up for it, I'll smoke inside. It recently got cold here, down in teens is a little low for me.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    edelrionycedelrionyc Posts: 361 ✭✭✭
    I don't care for the temperature. If it's not comfortable to relax and smoke the cigar I won't smoke. It can be too hot or too cold...
  • Options
    youngryan216youngryan216 Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭
    It's 26° here, but the dealbreaker is the blowing, wet snow. It was blowing under the awning all day so that kills it for me.
    ISO Ramrod and Ron Mexico
  • Options
    matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    To me if I cannot enjoy it comfortably (that is a relative term) then it's too cold. Now I don't mean comfortable as in shorts and a t shirt but when the fingers start freezing up even with the firepit going, I am out. I have come to realize that I am not even going to attempt a cigar unless I know I will be able to enjoy it. I smoke for enjoyment. I have cigs for the addiction.

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!

• Options
    RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
  • Options
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rain:
    Electric? Gas? Infrared? Regardless it looks nice. Does it work pretty well?

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    Electric. Supposedly maxes out at 90F, but I don't need it that high. Have not really tested it yet as it's been low 50s and high 70s all week.