Home Trades, Passes and Bombs
Options

Anyone looking for some yard 'gars?

2»

Comments

• Options
    bass8844bass8844 Posts: 416
    Over here in sacramento, the opus x's are quite hard to find. I've checked at least 6 different shops in the area and not one of them had any in stock...and same with the anejo's. Even on here on ccom, a lot of the times they're sold out, even at the higher prices.
  • Options
    Rob1110:
    The opus x's started at 25 bucks and the anejos were pretty close to that. I just didn't have the cash to drop on something like that last night. I did, however, pick up a padron 64 and what I think is a 3000 series.
    No worries Rob...I know they can be expensive. Well just shoot me a PM and we can get this trade going.
  • Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    Even rarer is the Anejo of which I'm holding one :)
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    madurofan:
    Even rarer is the Anejo of which I'm holding one :)
    Hey maddy, just got one today from Scrambler.. Fun and Games.. ( this guy knows how to hook 'ya up ^^^) Doesn't that cigar smell fantastic.. I want to smoke it, but then it will be gone.... ( Damn )
  • Options
    No sh*t? Nice hook up! Man I wanna smoke mine too. Mine has a year of age on it :)
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    ive got a few anejos now... a few on the way. while in vegas im gunna try for some opusx.
    the anejo is actually the OpusX blend and binder with a maduro leaf that is aged in cognac bottles (i just found that out a few days ago actually)
  • Options
    Actually that is a common mis-conception. The Anejo comes in both maduro and cameroon, second it is a mixture of Don Carlos and Opus X fillers. Finally, if you're not able to get any kuzi let me know. I can always get them at my B&M.
  • Options
    according to cigar.com both the maduro and the cameroon are aged in the cognac barrels... and according to this site you are right.

Im not sure where i got that other info... maybe it was just a partial listing or something.

im slipping.
  • Options
    Its cool, it happens man. I was just so excited I knew something you didn't I almost crapped myself. I was aware they were both cognac aged. The anejo has been on my wish list for quite some time, I know it well. I've heard that BS about it just being the maduro version of the OPUS X so many times its become funny. My local B&M which is normally great even tried to feed me that garbage when I was asking about them.
  • Options
    there are maduro opusx. but they are usually called "forbiddenX" or they have either "opus" or "x" in the name to show it is the opus blend.
  • Options
    Right!! Thats why its funny when someone says that the Anejo is just the maduro Opus X. Thats not what you said, at least you knew it was cognac barrel-aged.
  • Options
    i knew something didnt add up because i have a few anejos and none of them are maduro.
  • Options
    LOL, yea and usually with AF its pretty easy to tell its a maddy, they're DARK. Mine is a maduro and I'm all kinds of stoked about it :)
  • Options
    Rob, you have a PM.
  • Options
    ScramblerScrambler Posts: 746 ✭✭
    I have about 8 Anejos in the humi right now, but all are maduro. I want to try a cameroon, but my understanding is that the cameroon Anejo's are even more rediculously hard to find than the maduros. If anyone here knows of a place to get the cam for a decent price I'd be more than happy to trade for one or two.
  • Options
    urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    Just the opposite of the Hemingways, huh?
  • Options
    BigDan.BigDan. Posts: 211
    hmm well im always looking for something on the cheaper side hat is a great smoke. i liked the indian tabac ive only had the non pareil any suggestions on those> also how do u feel about the ccom blue label or the Blue label cigars. also how are the fonsecas and the la cuna bin 85 i have all those in my humidor now but mayb ill stock up on some so let me kno
  • Options
    Rob1110Rob1110 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭
    Indian Tabac Cameroon are nice. I haven't had any others by them.
  • Options
    BigDan.BigDan. Posts: 211
    i had a non pareil by them i really enjoyed it . it was a robusto (ro-boost-oh) haha but i think they are great cigars.