Home General Discussion

cigar publications

twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
Hey brothers,just kinda curios about what cigar related magazines you read?? I've taken to reading cigar afficienado.and cigar press.the cigar bar we go to carries cigar snob.so what do read and what do you think about them.
no matter where you go, there you are.

Comments

• mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭
    Got a CA subscription and its ok. Honestly, I just look at the pictures! LOL, but I do use my fancy book mark to save my place! Thanks again bro!
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ccom catalog count?
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • variant2variant2 Posts: 882 ✭✭✭✭
    0patience:
    Ccom catalog count?
    Well, they do have some reviews in there.

Cнeerѕ! Moтнerғυcĸer
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    0patience:
    Ccom catalog count?

+1

Use to subscribe to CA but after a year (25-30 years ago, I think) of cigar smoking I didn't trust any of CA rating's. Still read it for some of the stories but even that has stopped. Rather mine the posts on CCom for information, tons more reliable.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 239
    Cigar Journal and Cigar Snob are top notch.
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    I just stick with half wheel for the most part
    Money can't buy taste
  • twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    0patience:
    Ccom catalog count?
    yes yes it does!

• jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    IMHO, CA is a magazine worth it's weight in bovine excrement. And thus ends my lecture for today.... ??
  • twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jlmarta:
    IMHO, CA is a magazine worth it's weight in bovine excrement. And thus ends my lecture for today.... ??
    woa okay appreciate your honesty brother!!my wife also seems to dislike it.

• kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
  • FireRobFireRob Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭
    twistedstem:
    0patience:
    Ccom catalog count?
    yes yes it does!
    Good, cause that is the only printed cigar stuff I read. I'll thumb through what ever they have laying on the table at the B&M if there is no one to talk to or not a game on the TV
  • rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 7,084 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I read CA, but most reading is on the web sites. Halfwheel, Cigar Coop, Blind Man's Puff, and a bunch of others.
  • Big''nBall''nBig''nBall''n Posts: 767 ✭✭✭✭
    I Like Cigar and Spirits Magazine
    http://cigarandspirits.com/
    The Names Ball'n.... Big'nBall'n! 
  • New_BootsNew_Boots Posts: 2,651 ✭✭
    I got a free 12 mo of CA off some survey website a little while back, so I just started getting that. Generally though, it's all online. As was already said, Halfwheel, BMP, etc. While I don't put a lot of faith into the level playing field of CA, I do enjoy flipping through the mag.
  • HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    I actually enjoyed Cigar Aficionado for the years I had it (and would continue it if I could get it here easily), but I appreciated it as a lifestyle magazine rather than strictly a cigar rag. Another in the same vein is Robb Report - not a cigar publication, but a lifestyle magazine that frequently features cigars and other taste reviews.
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • Tyland64Tyland64 Posts: 712
    As of late it has been Cigar Press and Cigar and Spirits. I have had CA in the past and always have a few catalogs around.