Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Work and Reward

First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭✭✭
I found I needed a lightweight trailer for moving firewood downed branches etc. I looked around and found what I needed in the form of a trailer kit. 5x8 with 13 inch tires and a 1600 rated pay load. I ordered it and the kit was delivered a couple of days ago. the driver who deliverd it couldn't make it up my steep studio gravel driveway so he and I got the 450 lb kit out of his truck at the start of my drive. I attached a log chain to the pallet and drug it up to the studio with my truck. I had to mount the springs, axle, tongue and wiring harness with the bed of the trailer inverted. The instructions said to get three men to turn the beast over and not attempt it by your self. I got my farm jack out and jacked up one side high enough to get a chain and come along on it. Winched it up, braced it and moved the come along over to a post and winched it down. The farm jack let me mount the wheels and then it was light brackets, lights, and railing. I ended up with 6 hours in it but it was just at freezing so I was a tired 68 year old. Thats the work.image After a red meat supper was the reward. A hour and 45 minutes with a Viaje 50/50 Black 7x48. Dam- I'm still sore but i can still taste that wonderful smoke

Comments

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,431 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    Beast of an older guy. Wouldnt want to meet you in a dark ally. Lol
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very cool
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    You sir are a badass. I didn't know you could order a kit then again I never looked. It looks great!!!
  • Options
    Now i'm figuring out how to extend the side walls from 14 inches up to 24 without adding to much weight. i want to carry some mulch. Maybe welded wire panels. I saved $300 by getting the kit, wonder where to spend that money? Stogies!!!
  • Options
    roland_7707:
    Beast of an older guy. Wouldnt want to meet you in a dark ally. Lol
    Roland, Well if we meet in an dark alley i better have my glasses so I can see, my hearing aids so i can hear and my teeth so i can bite! Gettin old aint for sissys.
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Warrior:
    ....... Gettin old aint for sissys.

As one oldfart to another, you've got that right, Brother...... ??
  • Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    WORK and REWARD. Seems to be a fading concept in this country....good for you MARINE.
  • Options
    Tyland64Tyland64 Posts: 712
    First Warrior:
    Now i'm figuring out how to extend the side walls from 14 inches up to 24 without adding to much weight. i want to carry some mulch. Maybe welded wire panels. I saved $300 by getting the kit, wonder where to spend that money? Stogies!!!
    We use a old bed liner at my in-laws on the trailer they have. Looks like similar size. We found one to fit at the wrecking yard for cheap.
  • Options
    I recycled some shevling boards i had in my wood stash. image