Home Trades, Passes and Bombs
Options

Asscrackistan Christmas

webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
So who here is organizing a Christmas package for the troops this year? Cause I have just about a cooler full which I need to gift someone who won't gift me back.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

Comments

• Options
    wahooschockwahooschock Posts: 792 ✭✭✭
    Im of no help but that is super generous of you.
    I love my pack and a good community (cigars/Vape)
    "I'm at the point in my life where if it doesn't taste good,I'm not putting it in my mouth"
  • Options
    raisindotraisindot Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    I can't organize it, either but I'd love to contribute some good stogies (and/or some $$$ to help in shipping) to anyone who can ringmaster such an effort.
  • Options
    First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,162 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm in to help with sticks and $ also. The only address I have is for Cigars for Warriors.
  • Options
    SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    Cigars for Warriors is always a safe bet. I'd happily contribute or even organize if no one else wants to.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    I find there is a cfw collection point at main st cigars about 25 miles from here. I'll call them.
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a lot of cigars that I would love to donate to CFW, but I do not have a collection point within 50 miles. I just checked their site and they list a mailing address to send cigars if you would like to donate.
  • Options
    webmost:
    I find there is a cfw collection point at main st cigars about 25 miles from here. I'll call them.
    Yeah, they tell me they do that. I am to talk to the owner today. I've been there before. It's like 45 minutes away. Small friendly cigar lounge. Nice enough place to watch a game. Only thing, it's BYOB.

Anyone else want in on this? You can shoot yer stuff to me and I'll tote the whole batch down. Or if you live close enough to Churchville MD we can herf up there.

• Options
    PM sent to you.
  • Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Charlie sent this to me awhile back and I keep it taped to my PC.

• Options
    We've got a moving target. Apparently, the fellers at Aberdeen Proving Grounds collect these things and ship them out directly. I have a friend who works there. He is finding out where to deposit them and how best to package them. I can hand them to him, he can get them in the gate, they will transport promptly. Should know in a few.

• Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I coordinated a few over the past years but CFW is the way to go. It is a lot more work then you would think. They have the process and supplies ready. I enjoyed sensing packages with notes and personal things but I don't have the time to do it this year. CFW is a fantastic group and you can feel good knowing your donations go straight to the troops in a timely manner.
  • Options
    webmost:
    We've got a moving target. Apparently, the fellers at Aberdeen Proving Grounds collect these things and ship them out directly. I have a friend who works there. He is finding out where to deposit them and how best to package them. I can hand them to him, he can get them in the gate, they will transport promptly. Should know in a few.
    Webmost Let me know what you find out.
  • Options
    rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the info, or motivation really. I had a large stockpile that I would just never get to smoking. Packed up a large flat rate with some humidifiers, cutters, hygrometer, etc and mailed it out today. Great organization and I know the cigars and accessories will be put to good use. If you go to their web site, there is a packing slip to print out and include. You can write off the donation on your taxes as well if interested.
  • Options
    I'm putting a box together, will mail it to Cigars for Warriors tomorrow.
  • Options
    My guy found a guy, so I am handing off that way.