Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Any body kayak?

First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭✭✭
Any of you paddle a kayak? Here's a couple of picts of me and my halfside doing what we like to do. Great way of observing nature. We always see eagles and ospreys and herons when we get on the water. image The place is Lake James about an hour down off the mountain, image

Comments

• Options
    wahooschockwahooschock Posts: 792 ✭✭✭
    i have always wanted to but no one I know wants to do it with me.
    I love my pack and a good community (cigars/Vape)
    "I'm at the point in my life where if it doesn't taste good,I'm not putting it in my mouth"
  • Options
    Andrew_DzikoskiAndrew_Dzikoski Posts: 381 ✭✭✭
    I picked up some cheap ones from Kmart for $200 a piece and they are a ton of fun but I wont go out with the water this cold around here late spring through summer.
  • Options
    The day after 9/11 after watching the second plane hit real time i loaded my kayak and hit Lake James. No planes in the sky no boats on the water. I dug in and hit a rhythm and in four hours paddled 20 miles, 10 up to a dam and back. I thought a lot about my war and the war that was going to be fought by out young men and women. I loaded up my boat and was home time for supper. No big relevations just time by myself.
  • Options
    RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    I was in middle school.
  • Options
    FireRobFireRob Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭
    No kayak, but love to take my canoe out with either the wife or my oldest daughter.
  • Options
    TNBigfoot68TNBigfoot68 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭✭✭

My son wants to know when we are going again @Bob_Luken

I was born a fool, and just got bigger!
  • Options
    genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2020

We try and go out once a week.

• Options
    Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very NICE
    We have 5 SOT Kayaks love paddling through the mangroves and fishing. Used to dive the 2nd reef off them also

Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Down to two SOT Tandems, need to get out in the water again soon.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,271 ✭✭✭✭✭

@VegasFrank said:
    So that's where the man in the boat is! My wife has been telling me to find him for years....

Once you find him, you have to try to knock him out of the boat. That's how the game is played.

"Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options
    TNBigfoot68TNBigfoot68 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭✭✭

@First_Warrior said:
    My kevlar C.D. Gulfstream. 16'8" by 32". Weighs 37 lbs. My size 13 feet fit in it.

Looks like the right size for my size 16's lol. That's sweet man.

I was born a fool, and just got bigger!
  • Options

The Gulfstream is a sweet ride. Comfortable, roomy cockpit, drop down skeg for tracking, and handles weather well. I've been digging in up wind and had the bow buried a few times.

• Options

How do you like that seat? While I do not think it would work on my Caper, I believe it would be fine on the barge (fish n dive)

It looks like it might be tippy?

Great set up, looks like a fine fish catching machine

Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Diver43 said:

How do you like that seat? While I do not think it would work on my Caper, I believe it would be fine on the barge (fish n dive)

It looks like it might be tippy?

Great set up, looks like a fine fish catching machine

The seat can be set a lot lower than pictured. I have it at the highest setting because it's easier for when I stand. When I am actually fishing, I am standing 90% of the time. Believe it or not, when you fold the seat down you can attach a standing perch to it. Excellent for sight fishing.

"It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    GuitardedGuitarded Posts: 4,647 ✭✭✭✭✭

Anyone else notice that this is shaped like a huge stogie stand?
    I’ve looked all over it and can’t find the Opus X or Davidoff logo.
    Nice rig DZR!

Friends don't let good friends smoke cheap cigars.
  • Options

OK Thanks for the info. There is no standing to fish on a Ocean Kayak Caper, unless your goal is to get wet. The Cobra Fish n Dive there is no problem.
    I am going to check out a seat like that. Looks pretty comfortable

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,431 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Bob_Luken said:
    I've been too busy to kayak so far this year, but this weekend is looking promising.

Harpeth River?

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,016 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2021

@Amos_Umwhat said:

Harpeth River?

Maybe. I'm not sure really. Judging by the deep and slow looking water, that pic could have been taken on the East Fork Stones River above Walter Hill Dam east of Murfreesboro. But we have been on the Harpeth before, at a place they call "The Narrows" near where Montgomery Bell had an iron furnace. He dug a tunnel there through rock of a narrow ridge and diverted water through it to power a hammer mill in producing iron in the early 1800s.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Montgomery_Bell

• Options

Here's my sad face after realizing she did indeed pirate (commandeer, appropriate, steal) my new boat. My plan was for her to move up a grade from the crappy old orange boat to my nicer old blue boat, but I'm still in "old blue".

• Options

@Bob_Luken said:
    So I find this kayak on facebook marketplace, bought it, took it for a spin, and all through the process Deb tries to convince me that the colors are too girly. But mainly she just wants it for herself. I really like it too. Now I need to find another one just like it in battleship grey I suppose.

While that boat does look a bit girlie, it sure looks sleek and fast in the water
    Bet you need another just to keep up with her

• Options
    IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,679 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Bob_Luken said:
    Here's my sad face after realizing she did indeed pirate (commandeer, appropriate, steal) my new boat. My plan was for her to move up a grade from the crappy old orange boat to my nicer old blue boat, but I'm still in "old blue".

Goes with your shirt

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

• Options

@IndustMech said:

@Bob_Luken said:

Goes with your shirt

I swear it wasn't purposely color coordinated, but I will admit, it all looks like it was definitely 100% on purpose.