Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Sinus Infection Kicked my Butt

The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
Don't know if it's because I'm getting older or the germs are getting stronger but damn, this one knocked me on my ass. Finally back among the living and looking forward to my first cigar in over a week now. Haven't posted much lately, didn't want you guys to catch this bug, lol.

Comments

• Options
    First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,162 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad you are on your feet and recovering.
  • Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your getting a lot older :) Don't forget your flu shot.
  • Options
    wahooschockwahooschock Posts: 792 ✭✭✭
    Eat ya weedies brother!
    I love my pack and a good community (cigars/Vape)
    "I'm at the point in my life where if it doesn't taste good,I'm not putting it in my mouth"
  • Options
    WaltBasilWaltBasil Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    Welcome back The3Stogies. Glad your back among the living dead.
  • Options
    dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭
    dont feel bad, I just kicked one myself. I refused to get the antibiotics or the flu shot. i honestly feel better off.

Aj
  • Options
    RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Be careful, untreated sinus congestion and infections can lead to pneumonia. Got my wife last month.
  • Options
    MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    My wife had a low-grade congestion, drainage from which caused her to cough. A lot. Little known fact: adults can cough hard enough to crack a rib. My wife didn't, thankfully. But the more you know.

At any rate, she figured it was a virus, but was told today that she has a non-strep infection and finally got some meds.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I noticed I hadn't seen you post in a while. Glad you made it through
  • Options
    Rain:
    Be careful, untreated sinus congestion and infections can lead to pneumonia. Got my wife last month.
    untreated as in the antibiotics? or as in taking OTC medications?

Aj
  • Options
    In my woman life partner's case, both. She went to bed every night congested, and while she slept all that junk went down her throat and in to her lungs. Some Mucinex D and she could have avoided all that.
  • Options
    Rain:
    In my woman life partner's case, both. She went to bed every night congested, and while she slept all that junk went down her throat and in to her lungs. Some Mucinex D and she could have avoided all that.
    Excellent... i was on the right track.

many thanks my favorite human mechanic!

Aj
  • Options
    No prob. Make sure you either use Mucinex and Sudagest OR Mucinex D BUT NOT BOTH. Mucinex D has the same active ingredient as Sudagest.
  • Options
    Tyland64Tyland64 Posts: 712
    I am right there with you. I had my first cigar in 2 weeks on Sunday for Bigshizza Day. It tasted so good. The drainage and the fever really kicked my butt.