Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Gratitude Thread

This is a thread that I have done on other various boards that I am a member of. It helps me remember the good things when they can be easily forgotten and seems to work well. Thought I would start it here too. I have a lot to be thankful for in my life and especially at this moment in time. Tomorrow, my family will move in to our new home, a dream home in my wife's and my vision. It will be the home we live in for the rest of our lives, the home my children will grow up in....For this I am grateful and in the spirit of this board, I would like to share something special from my humi. The first person (wish I could do more) that wants to take me up on this offer, reply to my message here and PM me details. I do not care if it's your 1st post or your 1000th post, there are no strings attached and nothing expected or wanted in return. The only thing I ask is a little patience in getting it out I will be extremely busy the rest of this week. I would love to hear what others are grateful for in their lives if you care to share.....

Steve

Comments

• Options
    HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    Hey buddy,

I think this is an awesome idea. Congratulations on your new home. I know my brother and sister just bought their dream home as well, so I've been able to join in on their happiness and excitement. As for myself.. well, things have been pretty down on the luck lately, and it just keeps piling on. I do find my moments of happiness, however, and I am thankful for those.

**I am thankful for this new passion I've found, and I am thankful for all the friends it has led me to.
    **I am thankful for my family, and the fact that, despite mAny shortcomings we still stay close.
    **I am thankful to be alive, though sometimes lately it sucks...
    **I am thankful....that DiamondDog sounds like he's handing out something nice and I'm gonna PM him for it! ;-)
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    I am grateful for My girlfriend... sometimes I think that there are others out there, I haven't played the field enough, what if she isn't the one... then she comes home from work and I'm more excited than a puppy when his master comes home and she makes me laugh SO HARD that it hurts... Even when I'm mad at her, she can make me laugh out loud in 10 seconds... I love her and am thankful for her

I am also thankful for doing something in my life that I love... sometimes I think that I would like to retire on an island and be super rich, yet most people have to work their ass off and alienate themselves to do so... I make very decent money now and love what I'm doing, it's a passion... I am grateful for my job.

Lastly (for now) I'm grateful for my life... The way I grew up, the hardships I've had to endure, the loss of my Father, the joy of my GodDaughter growing up... I'm grateful for being alive and that everything happens for a reason, the big guy upstairs hasn't let me down yet!

Ahhhh... this feels great!!!
  • Options
    LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    Good thread indeed...

I'm grateful for a great deal...at the moment I'm most grateful I have a happy and healthy and extremely cute 2-month-old who is just discovering how funny I am and giggling at me every night.
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am thankful for my family. I have four beautiful and healthy kids. My family means everything to me and no matter what hardships we might face ahead we will always have each other. Things are hard right now for many people. It would be easy to get down about things and feel sorry for yourself. Take the time to look at the positive in your life and realize just how lucky you are.

Great thread.
  • Options
    bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    How can I not express my gratitude. I'm grateful to be alive today and able to sit back and reflect on blessing amongst friends on this forum. I'm grateful for the friends and family in my life that love me when I can't seem to find any love for myself. I'm grateful for past mistakes and future challenges that shape the person I am becoming. I'm grateful for the generosity that exists in the fine brothers of the leaf on this forum and the opportunities that exist to return such hospitality.

Thanks to you all, I'm grateful to be a part of this community!
  • Options
    BStayerBStayer Posts: 318
    Wow, gratitude and thankfulness, such rare and priceless gems in our day. I have an absolutely beautiful wife who loves me, and does so many things. She is a fantastic mother of two of the cutest little girls (I'm obviously a little biased). My girls are very special and nothing beats the feeling of seeing them running to me to get a hug and hearing them scream "daddyyy!!" when I walk through the door after a long day at work. I eat everyday, I have a good career, a house in my name and countless other 'things' including a fun hobby that revolves around burning tobacco!! So many things to be thankful for, yet gratitude for those who helped me get to where I am today always falls so short of their great impact.
  • Options
    Im most thankful for my wife out of everything with the army she has been able to put up with it all, Im thankful for being halfway through the deployment and with all the close calls ive still havent had a scratch, im also thankful for the lord watching over all of my brothers and sisters over here with us and that so many worse things could have happened but we have pulled through a lot.
  • Options
    YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm thankful for my health (cancer survivor), my family and that I had a long and successful police career and have now embarked on a second career as a college professor.

I am also very thankful for all our military who put themselves in harms way for us. I'm thankful that my son is in his third month of deployment and so far, so good.

And lastly, but certainly not leastly (is that a word?), I'm thankful for my BOTL's and how much I've learned from this group.
  • Options
    DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    Holy ****, as simple as it sounds I am grateful for hot water, soap and a bed tonight....helluva day moving!
  • Options
    cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    Grateful to be clean and sober for 6.5 years and counting. Grateful to a kind and loving God that has given me a second chance at life.
  • Options
    bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    cabinetmaker:
    Grateful to be clean and sober for 6.5 years and counting. Grateful to a kind and loving God that has given me a second chance at life.
    Congrats Cabby! Just over 5 years clean here! Grateful to be on this journey! Here's to another day!
  • Options
    cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    I thought from some of your posts that you might have been on the same road. Grats on the 5+ !
  • Options
    I'm thankful that my 5-week old son slept through most of the night for once to give his mom and dad some sleep.
  • Options
    denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    WOW, it's awesome to see all the grattitude. Thanks for keeping a positive outlook. I have a lot to be grateful for. I lost my job in May, and it's hard to find a real decent job like what I had but now i'm making the same money working in the same business with less responsibilty. I relocated to a different area but, with a lil help from above, scored a really great house at an amazing rental price from a long lost friend. My 2 little girls are healthy and happy and love their daddy. My wife is beautiful and we have just enough money to pay the bills. I wish I had more time for cigar smoking and more money to really make a nice collection but that will come in time. I'm glad to be here.
  • Options
    YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    cabinetmaker:
    Congrats and may God Bless!
  • Options
    DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    Ok gents sorry for the delay....stuff going out tomorrow!
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Diamondog:
    Ok gents sorry for the delay....stuff going out tomorrow!
    Your generosity is wonderful. Thank you! My cigar friends have been a huge help giving me advice and someone to talk to. I really appreciate everyone here and their friendship.