Home General Discussion

anyone have one of these

found my grandfather's smoking jacket. Pretty cool, huh? I threw it on and turned a Ruination to ash on the back porch tonight. image

Comments

• jimmyv723jimmyv723 Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭
    Very cool and guess we'll have to start calling you Hef now.
    Ken Light 3K MOW Badge - 8/14
    2015 Gang War - East Coast
    Enola Gay - Target #29

• Big''nBall''nBig''nBall''n Posts: 767 ✭✭✭✭
    No but they should! that's next level!
    The Names Ball'n.... Big'nBall'n! 
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cool. Someone posted a pic of theirs a while back but I don't remember who it was.
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got this a while ago. 2 sides. The flashy red and gold, or reversible to black corduroy. image
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gray4lines:
    I got this a while ago. 2 sides. The flashy red and gold, or reversible to black corduroy. image
    Yep, that's the one I remembered. Sweet.
  • The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    Very cool, great find, keep the tradition going. Smoking jackets were used to protect your clothes from ashes weren't they?
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    in theory they were to protect from smoke smell. the concept is that the smoke is attracted to, and will stick to the jacket more than the clothes under it.

cant tell you how or if its true... but i like the theory.
  • Tyland64Tyland64 Posts: 712
    Very cool. What a great way to honor him on Thanksgiving.
  • youngryan216youngryan216 Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭
    Classy

Great. Now I have to have one of these.

And it will have to have a baller one.
    ISO Ramrod and Ron Mexico
  • ShadowInTheMoonShadowInTheMoon Posts: 507 ✭✭
    They need to sell these on CCom. id buy one
    Two people with a common goal can accomplish many things. Two people with a common enemy can accomplish even more.
  • HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    Been wanting one for a long time - Kuzi laid it out right for their origins, and I´ve always had a penchant for formality. I´ve never been able to find a decent one off-the-rack (online or otherwise), though my favorite men´s clothier offered to make me one....starting at $1,000.

Soooo yeah, I´ll be getting one in a few more years.
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭
    Gray4lines:
    Holy *** your young.

Aj
  • KCWKCW Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭
    Hays:
    Been wanting one for a long time - Kuzi laid it out right for their origins, and I´ve always had a penchant for formality. I´ve never been able to find a decent one off-the-rack (online or otherwise), though my favorite men´s clothier offered to make me one....starting at $1,000.

Holy Crap! Hays! You've returned! You were the first person to greet me many moons ago! Hope all is well!
  • HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    KCW:
    Hays:

Holy Crap! Hays! You've returned! You were the first person to greet me many moons ago! Hope all is well!
    Hahaha yep, I'm here... Shot you a pm a few days ago. All is well in these parts
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's my smoking jacket. Not fancy but it works. image
  • CigaryCigary Posts: 630
    I have something like this that is very thick and it's actually a robe you wear at Spas....got mine free and it works perfect to keep the smell of cigars contained in the robe and not on your clothes.
  • CigaryCigary Posts: 630
    I use one of those Spa Robes.....they are very thick and it keeps the smell of tobacco to a minimum.