Home General Discussion
Options

beautiful boxes

webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
Some of these cigar boxes are pretty damn fine. You buy the box for the cigars; but then once you open the box, you say: "Dayum! This box is worth buying the cigars!" How do they do that box for the price? Lookit this Torano Noventa box, as an example. I scored the Noventas just for ammo for the monthly lottery. No interest in the box. But once I saw it, I had to stash that box away. Good thing I did; cause here comes a gal from work last week, asking for a batch of cigars to give her elderly father in law for Christmas. Says he smokes cheap and small; she thought Backwoods. If true, that means he has no humidor. Therefore:

Lookit that fancy hinge hardware, with a half circle stop. Lookit the hasp with a hook. Great color. And it even has a felt bottom, so it won't scratch her mother in law's coffee table. Old man's gonna love his daughter in law. Low rent cigars; high end box.

FREE, with 24 Toranos. How do you beat that?

p.s. I damped the cedar block came with it, and looks like I left a couple droplets on the cover, left front in the pic. Ignore that.
“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

Comments

• Options
    CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks just as good as my first humi
  • Options
    Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beautiful box for sure, and good lookin' out to help out your co-worker! Happy Thanksgiving, Davis!
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    webmost:
    Some of these cigar boxes are pretty damn fine. You buy the box for the cigars; but then once you open the box, you say: "Dayum! This box is worth buying the cigars!" How do they do that box for the price? Lookit this Torano Noventa box, as an example. I scored the Noventas just for ammo for the monthly lottery. No interest in the box. But once I saw it, I had to stash that box away. Good thing I did; cause here comes a gal from work last week, asking for a batch of cigars to give her elderly father in law for Christmas. Says he smokes cheap and small; she thought Backwoods. If true, that means he has no humidor. Therefore:

Lookit that fancy hinge hardware, with a half circle stop. Lookit the hasp with a hook. Great color. And it even has a felt bottom, so it won't scratch her mother in law's coffee table. Old man's gonna love his daughter in law. Low rent cigars; high end box.

p.s. I damped the cedar block came with it, and looks like I left a couple droplets on the cover, left front in the pic. Ignore that.

A good looking box for sure. And, unless I'm mis-informed, the recipient won't have to bother with such things as humidification since those machine-mades are made with dry-cured tobacco. That's one reason they can sit on store shelves for months at a time without being ruined. Either way, he ought to be quite happy as a result of your thoughtfulness. Good show, Lad.... ??
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's a box I really like. Originally contained fifty Big Paybacks. I've never had a Big Payback myself. The box was empty when I met it. But look how super roomy it is. And one of the best smelling boxes I have ever sniffed. I scored it for a buck from the local B&M empty box shelf. The cedar **** on this bad boy is an inch and a quarter high! Excellent seal. I use to to hold home rolled which guys on the FairTrade forum swapped me. Still has a couple drumroll contest submissions in it, too.

Extra big. No hardware at all. Nice graphic.
    Post up some pics of your favorite boxes guys.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    webmost:

Gonna have to get me a few of those boxes. They would make great custom "personal" humis for folks.
    A little modifications and a full on custom personal humi for half the work. LOL!
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    cbuckcbuck Posts: 8,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Camacho Ecuador box is nice also. Jewelry box worthy for sure. Charlie
  • Options
    The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    Great idea webmost, that is a rugged box too. I saved all my boxes, not sure why but some of them are pretty cool. My wife appropriated a couple of them though, she really liked the keg that 5-Vegas cask came in. She wanted another one so she bought me a box and she kept the keg and I got the cigars, everyone's happy lol.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    the box for the Avo 88 was wonderful.
  • Options
    blutattooblutattoo Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    the box for the Avo 88 was wonderful.
    Without a doubt, that was an awesome box! Now if I could only afford to buy the whole box lol.
  • Options
    FireRobFireRob Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭
    Rudy (TheKid) sent me a box of Stradivarius cigars for the Gang War that came in an amazing box. (I'll see if I can find the pictures or take a few new ones