Home General Discussion

Done any international shipping recently?

HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
Hey guys, question for you...

Have any of you done any international shipping (cigars or otherwise) lately, namely to continental Europe? The cigar selection here is really short on non-CC stuff, but the CC stuff gets expensive (and buying 100% in a B&M makes it difficult to fill a humi)... but I was just looking up tentative shipping costs from the US to here and the cheapest I got for a 10oz package was almost $15; a 2lb box was like $45. Anybody have input on this? If these are actually the prices I´d be looking at then that idea basically goes out the window :-( .
¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨

Comments

• RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Hays, if you'd like to ship to me I'll foot the bill to get em out to you. #worldwidebotl
  • HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    Rain:
    Hays, if you'd like to ship to me I'll foot the bill to get em out to you. #worldwidebotl
    Hey bud, I appreciate that offer. I´ve benefited far too much from BOTL generosity to date, though, and I´m trying to put together something that might work on an ongoing basis.

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • blutattooblutattoo Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    I shipped some cigars to Wayne in Canada and it was way cheaper to ship in a big padded manilla envelope than it was to ship in a box. Around $8 I believe. Not sure if that would apply to Europe or not, although $15 for shipping seems fairly reasonable given that it's usually around $10 bucks for anywhere in the US.
  • ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    I know that I was researching a Europe only cigar(non Cuban) and to ship a box to me was 52 USD. Ouch!
    blutattoo:
    I shipped some cigars to Wayne in Canada and it was way cheaper to ship in a big padded manilla envelope than it was to ship in a box. Around $8 I believe. Not sure if that would apply to Europe or not, although $15 for shipping seems fairly reasonable given that it's usually around $10 bucks for anywhere in the US.
    Do I know you? From Sacramento... I'm from there, hung mostly at Perfecto in Roseville, but I know everybody from TRepublic to TRoad (and some of the blokes at Briar Patch). Anyway, I think shipping to Canada would probably be cheaper as it's overland, whereas to Europe....well..

In any case, I actually found a possible solution today thanks to Jamie here on Ccom (thanks again buddy - come visit and we'll smoke some of those cigars you asked about...as long as you don't hit on my Spanish wife!). Not sure yet whether I really want to foot the bill for an extra $15+ in shipping every time I want to order cigars, but my wife wants some stuff from the US too so I think it'll probably happen.

• blutattooblutattoo Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    Hays:
    blutattoo:
    Do I know you? From Sacramento... I'm from there, hung mostly at Perfecto in Roseville, but I know everybody from TRepublic to TRoad (and some of the blokes at Briar Patch). Anyway, I think shipping to Canada would probably be cheaper as it's overland, whereas to Europe....well..

In any case, I actually found a possible solution today thanks to Jamie here on Ccom (thanks again buddy - come visit and we'll smoke some of those cigars you asked about...as long as you don't hit on my Spanish wife!). Not sure yet whether I really want to foot the bill for an extra $15+ in shipping every time I want to order cigars, but my wife wants some stuff from the US too so I think it'll probably happen.
    I like Perfecto a lot, but I don't get out that way much. I live close to downtown so it's pretty far from me. I do go to Tobacco Road and Briar Patch every couple months, but I generally do my B&M shopping at Tower even though they don't have a lounge. The owners are awesome and very reasonably priced.

What the heck took you from Sac to Seville?
    blutattoo:
    I like Perfecto a lot, but I don't get out that way much. I live close to downtown so it's pretty far from me. I do go to Tobacco Road and Briar Patch every couple months, but I generally do my B&M shopping at Tower even though they don't have a lounge. The owners are awesome and very reasonably priced.

What the heck took you from Sac to Seville?
    Sure, downtown to Perfecto is pretty far so I can understand that. I heard that Briar Patch opened up a new lounge in downtown though (and I'm pretty sure Joey's still in business at Fat Man's, eh?), but I know what you mean about Tower - John's a great guy, but I've only met his son a couple times. Anyway, travel is what brought me here - quit my job in Roseville, sold all my stuff and took a backpack and a one-way ticket to Germany. Had a plan for a full round-the-world trip, but after a few months I met a beautiful Spanish lady and, well, we just got married this past April! (Mind you, we've since traveled around the world together, haha) She'd be living in the States in a heartbeat if we could, but for now our business is here and it provides a good life for us, so the States will be in a few years - I miss the cigar culture there.