Home Ratings & Reviews

5 Vegas Cask Strength II

In the interest of that sale yesterday, smoked my last 5 Vegas Cask Strength II (until the ten I ordered get here.) What a great cigar, it's almost like smoking food! The flavor, the fullness of the smoke, it was just great. Full review here.

Comments

• Smoked my first one the other day. Came in the Staff Select. Box-Pressed Sampler. I keep reading how it can kick your ass but all I noticed was a smooth, flavorful cigar. I am definitely keeping this one on my favorites list. I'm looking forward to the other three and then a box (cask).
  • Joeyjoe21_8Joeyjoe21_8 Posts: 2,048
    I had the origianl Cask the other night....i got to admit..it was really good....smooth..subtle, not overpowering....towards the last third though i got a lot of bite and pepper...so when it hit the third a little after i had to put it down...once my pallet catches that im done...lol...but overall a excellent stick...
  • HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    Joeyjoe21_8:
    I had the origianl Cask the other night....i got to admit..it was really good....smooth..subtle, not overpowering....towards the last third though i got a lot of bite and pepper...so when it hit the third a little after i had to put it down...once my pallet catches that im done...lol...but overall a excellent stick...
    You had the Cask Strength II dude... I know what it looked like, I thought the same, and confirmed it before.
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    Hays:
    Joeyjoe21_8:
    You had the Cask Strength II dude... I know what it looked like, I thought the same, and confirmed it before.
    ive had both. the first one was way better than the II. the CSII isnt bad but the CSI is out of this world. its easily my favorite 5 Vegas.

I have one left.
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    Does the CSI have a different label? Or is it the same color?
    its similar. the foot band is a bit different. same style. i hope im not wrong... but i think that the foot band is slightly different..... ill have to look that up. i seem to remember the roman numeral II on some of the CSIIs

my memory is failing me this morning.
    it seems that i was wrong. the bands on the cigars are identical. the roman numerals i was talking about were in the ads for the cigars.
    Heh. So how do I tell if I have the CSI or CSII?
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    When did you get it? I think the 1's have been long sold out..
    phobicsquirrel:
    When did you get it? I think the 1's have been long sold out..
    A few have come in from trades, some from samplers, I assumed they were the CSIIs...
  • denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    not as good as the AAA in my opinion.
    dennisking:
    not as good as the AAA in my opinion.
    but how does the AAA compare to the CSI?
  • clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    The CSII is probably the only 5V that I don't like. I'm not sure what it is about it, I've never been fond of it. I bought 10 of them about 7 months ago and I smoke one from time to time just hoping that a little rest and age will do them some good and each time I feel the same way. Got about 2 more left that I'm saving until they hit the 1 year mark in the humi and then I'll revisit them.