Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

Cigars for Warriors

EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,182 ✭✭✭✭✭
As you know I decided to send one cigar to Cigars for Warriors for every person who participated in the December Lottery. Since I made that offer three others decided they would match my donations. As well, several others have contacted me asking to make donations too so i decided to start this thread to coordinate our efforts. I intend to send my package out the middle of next weeks so if anyone wants to contribute to that package I am happy to send your contributions along--I have my 27 cigars (plus a few extra) and a few cutters to throw in. Of course you can also send your stuff directly to Cigars for Warriors....
-- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."

Comments

• onestrangeoneonestrangeone Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I was going to ask about the details, I have a bag ready (27ish) just wasn't sure if we were sending to you or what, My local B&M has a collection bin, is it okay to drop of there? I would be willing to post pic's. Let me know what you think and I'll go along with whatever ya'll think is best.
  • EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,182 ✭✭✭✭✭
    onestrangeone:
    Yeah, I was going to ask about the details, I have a bag ready (27ish) just wasn't sure if we were sending to you or what, My local B&M has a collection bin, is it okay to drop of there? I would be willing to post pic's. Let me know what you think and I'll go along with whatever ya'll think is best.
    First off, there is no trust issue here. Posting pictures would be cool but certainly not neccesary for some kind of "proof."

Second, if there is a collection point at your brick and mortar then by all means, save the postage. This is about getting cigars to the troops!

Having said that, if people want to send them to me first, that's fine, but I'd prefer if you sent them to me no later than this weekend so I can get a box out mid week. Thanks again for matching my donations. Very very cool!
  • RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Not sure if one is near me. Nathan, if not, can I ship to you and have you drop off the Texas Alliance's donation?
    Rain:
    Not sure if one is near me. Nathan, if not, can I ship to you and have you drop off the Texas Alliance's donation?
    Yeah, I'm good with that, be my pleasure.
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,426 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll try to get a box in the mail Thursday, Eric. I have no B&M nearby.
    Dropped this off this morning,
    Awesome! Thanks.
  • ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    As an Op:CFW Event Coordinator/Representative, I'd like to say thank you to everyone who made a donation. The cigars and accessories will be greatly appreciated by the troops who receive them.
    If anyone has any questions about CFW please contact me and I'll do my best to get you an answer.
    I didn't send a box out Thursday as I was going to check out a B&M while I was out of town yesterday. He had no collection for CFW so I will get mine in the mail tomorrow.
    My contribution so far:

From puff duty

From Morgan:

<br<nite that this is a twelve pack.
    From JetMech. (And note that I am wondering where my patch is!!!)

Vinny, you went over the top, man! Thank you very much!

• Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    Noted...
    I'm a little slow in posting but I want to let everyone know that with your help I sent 130+ cigars to Cigars for Warriors today. This really put me I the Christmas spirit. Here is the proof.

Awesome.
  • First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amazing. Good stuff.
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great job Eric!!!! You're a good man