Home Non Cigar Related
Options

My first real piece of art.

LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
I have been in love with this painting for well over two thirds of my life. Ever since I saw it in a book in art class I have been so overwhelmed by this painting. It's so perfect in so many ways that it literally brings such an indescribable feeling to me. Now... I own it. It's in my living room and I can see it whenever I want. :)

Life is like a blind fiver. You never know what you're gonna get.

Comments

• Options
    StubbleStubble Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks great!!
    Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • Options
    roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    I like it. And I can see u in it. Lol
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats. Now you can truly enjoy it. I am not an art fan, but I was watching Pawn Stars the other night and they made a reference to this photo. Very Nice
  • Options
    Poopy_JonesPoopy_Jones Posts: 455 ✭✭✭
    Very cool Chris. That is a wonderful piece. My favorite painting is Dogs playing Blackjack. Not classy like your painting but it always makes me smile
  • Options
    LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
    I love the dogs playing cards too! That might end up in my garage when I get it put together. :)
    Life is like a blind fiver. You never know what you're gonna get.
  • Options
    jimmyv723jimmyv723 Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭
    Awesome pickup and have always really liked that one as well.
    Ken Light 3K MOW Badge - 8/14
    2015 Gang War - East Coast
    Enola Gay - Target #29

• Options
    CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Poopy Jones:
    Very cool Chris. That is a wonderful piece. My favorite painting is Dogs playing Blackjack. Not classy like your painting but it always makes me smile
    Thanks for reminding me. I have this and didn't hang it after my last move. I wonder where it is...
  • Options
    Nice picture too, by the way. A classic for sure. Maybe this will turn into an art thread, man cave style.
  • Options
    twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    very nice peice of art indeed brother!!
    no matter where you go, there you are.

• Options
    HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    Nice piece man, very classy and I´m sure it works great in the room. My place in the States had art on all the walls, most of which was given away (though a couple pieces stored) when I left. Really need to pick up some nice pieces for my house here.
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • Options
    Big''nBall''nBig''nBall''n Posts: 767 ✭✭✭✭
    That's a ball'n nice you were able to capture a piece of art that has spoken to in such a way! Congrats
    The Names Ball'n.... Big'nBall'n! 
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,016 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it just me,........probably. I notice things, ....weird things. In the painting, the glass on the front of the diner is HUGE. I know it creates a grand view of the interior of the diner but, has anybody else noticed that? I guess the real question for me is, did glass panels that large commonly exist in real life in the 40s or just in art? I'm trying to estimate the size,...gotta be about 20' x 10'. Sorry, I'm real nerdy about stuff like this sometimes.
  • Options
    First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Title and author please. I like the woman in the red dress.
  • Options
    Nighthawks by Edward Hopper.
  • Options
    EulogyEulogy Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is the first real piece of art that I have purchased.