Home Non Cigar Related
Options

She is home (my car)

LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
The longest 5 weeks ever.

Life is like a blind fiver. You never know what you're gonna get.

Comments

• Options
    dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭
    good to hear!

Now turbo time!

Aj
  • Options
    CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,179 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome
  • Options
    First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,179 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What size engine in that baby?
  • Options
    It's the 200ci straight 6. She gets great mileage on the highway and mediocre in town. But she is worth it. :)
  • Options
    dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭
    LiquidChaos66:
    It's the 200ci straight 6. She gets great mileage on the highway and mediocre in town. But she is worth it. :)
    EFI, Boost and a AOD would make that baby get 25mpg. well .. as long as you kept your foot out of it.

Aj
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    OH YEAH!!!!!

looks like the shop did a nice job of putting her back together. very cool

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    Ive got big plans for this little car. There are quite a few improvements that im going to be making to the motor in the near future. I will also be updating the brake system. Maybe upgrade the front to disc brakes and probably throw on a handling kit or at least stiffer springs. We will see. :)

The shop did a great job! the new paint is slightly a little more yellow. (only cause its my car and I notice and I also worked at a body shop for a while... I used to be a second set of eyes to judge the color match on new paint lol) but given the fact the old paint has been on for almost 11 years its had time to mellow. I got to meet the owner of the shop. He was super excited to show me a couple other projects in their works. They are doing work on a 1967 mustang for rear end damage and they are doing a full restore (FULL RESTORE!!!!! lol) on a 1965 convertible as well. so for a month they had a '65 a '66 and a '67 in their work bays. :)
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LiquidChaos66:
    Ive got big plans for this little car. There are quite a few improvements that im going to be making to the motor in the near future. I will also be updating the brake system. Maybe upgrade the front to disc brakes and probably throw on a handling kit or at least stiffer springs. We will see. :)

The shop did a great job! the new paint is slightly a little more yellow. (only cause its my car and I notice and I also worked at a body shop for a while... I used to be a second set of eyes to judge the color match on new paint lol) but given the fact the old paint has been on for almost 11 years its had time to mellow. I got to meet the owner of the shop. He was super excited to show me a couple other projects in their works. They are doing work on a 1967 mustang for rear end damage and they are doing a full restore (FULL RESTORE!!!!! lol) on a 1965 convertible as well. so for a month they had a '65 a '66 and a '67 in their work bays. :)
    dang sounds like the shop really knows their stuff. you're lucky to have found such a great place to do the work for you. did you happen to snap any pics of the other cars they were working on?

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    No I missed the photo ops... my phone had died on my way over to the shop! lol
  • Options
    ShadowInTheMoonShadowInTheMoon Posts: 507 ✭✭
    Love the car.
    Two people with a common goal can accomplish many things. Two people with a common enemy can accomplish even more.