Home Non Cigar Related

Old embed code for youtube videos

Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
I have in the past stumbled upon the old code among the new crap but I forgot how I found it. It used to be easy. Click on *share*. click on *embed*. click on *use old embed code*. In the "How to format your posts [Now with Emoticons aka Smilies]" thread it states that I need to use a code. Cut and paste. Is that the only way to post youtube vids to ccom now? Seems like I stumbled upon a way to click on the old embed code within the new embed menu on youtube but I forgot how to reveal it. Any tips or tricks?

Comments

• jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did you hit the "MORE" button?
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jd50ae:
    Did you hit the "MORE" button?
    The more button does not reveal the old code any more. It used to. Now defunct.
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bob Luken:
    I have in the past stumbled upon the old code among the new crap but I forgot how I found it. It used to be easy. Click on *share*. click on *embed*. click on *use old embed code*. In the "How to format your posts [Now with Emoticons aka Smilies]" thread it states that I need to use a code. Cut and paste. Is that the only way to post youtube vids to ccom now? Seems like I stumbled upon a way to click on the old embed code within the new embed menu on youtube but I forgot how to reveal it. Any tips or tricks?
    it appears that youtube removed the "old embed code" feature within the last couple weeks.

the new "iframe" code does not work on these forums.

use the code below (i have updated this in the formatting thread as well)

<embed width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Unique Video ID Goes Here">

You'll find the Unique Video ID in the URL, example below (bolded)

Video URL from youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGd1eiLKY_8

Embed code would look like this:
    <embed width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qGd1eiLKY_8">

And resulting video should look like this:

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jgibv:
    it appears that youtube removed the "old embed code" feature within the last couple weeks.

I was afraid you were gonna say that :( <-------- First world problem.
  • jimmyv723jimmyv723 Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭
    jgibv:
    Bob Luken:

<embed width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Unique Video ID Goes Here">

You'll find the Unique Video ID in the URL, example below (bolded)

Video URL from youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGd1eiLKY_8

Embed code would look like this:
    <embed width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qGd1eiLKY_8">

And resulting video should look like this:

Very cool and I was wondering if I was the only one having issues with embedding vids.
    Ken Light 3K MOW Badge - 8/14
    2015 Gang War - East Coast
    Enola Gay - Target #29

Has YouTube changed the Unique Video ID in the URL? I cant get our handy shortcut to work anymore :(
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe the software upgrade CCom is planning will be more user friendly and video posts won't be such a royal pain.

I will be forever curious as to why YouTube would commit such a heinous act.
    I figured it out,...... for now,......... until I forget how to do it next time I try it.
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jd50ae:
    Maybe the software upgrade CCom is planning .........

Is this some more of your well-known sarcasm, JD?? (LoL) I think by now we're all well aware that it'll be a cold day in h3ll when Ccom upgrades the software. Somebody been blowing smoke up your tuckus?? ??
  • MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    Nope. They promised an update in a thread a while ago.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
    Hope we don't lose all our old posts. I remember members discussing this before and there was talk of an upgrade but the posts in the old format couldn't be saved in the process and the old posts would be gone from the system. Where is this thread where they talk about upgrades?
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Martel:
    Nope. They promised an update in a thread a while ago.
    Yes they did.
    Now to see if they will deliver on it.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    Bob Luken:
    Hope we don't lose all our old posts. I remember members discussing this before and there was talk of an upgrade but the posts in the old format couldn't be saved in the process and the old posts would be gone from the system. Where is this thread where they talk about upgrades?

http://www.cigar.com/cs/forums/2/843501/ShowThread.aspx

Andy says so on the second page, second post. Won't be until late this year.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
    Bob Luken:
    this is a very real possibility unless they are just updating this CMS to a newer version.

i have been a part of message boards for the better part of 17 years and have been through "upgrades" and very few upgrades to completely different versions of message board software come with the ability to import old threads......it sucks, but true.