Home General Discussion
Options

Writing on Cello

LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
So question... Ive been trying to figure out a good way to date the sticks when they enter my humi... I have been using little "sticky notes" (basically jus the sticky part of a sticky note cut down to a small size) Is it a bad idea to write on the cello directly with a marker of some sorts?
Life is like a blind fiver. You never know what you're gonna get.

Comments

• Options
    Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    I don't like to because of the smell
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    That's kinda what I was thinking too
  • Options
    Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    I got buddies that give me labels so I just use them plus I like that you can keep the foot closed with labels
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    variant2variant2 Posts: 882 ✭✭✭✭
    These are what I use on the cellos -- AVERY ALL PURPOSE
    Cнeerѕ! Moтнerғυcĸer
  • Options
    Both those ideas are great! wish I would have started the dating process long before now. lol
  • Options
    rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,779 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lee.mcglynn:
    I don't like to because of the smell

Priceless
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    sharpie on masking tape.
    cut down.
    done.
    cheap
    easy

i actually take it a step further. I put who sent me the cigar if it was a gift.
  • Options
    jimmyv723jimmyv723 Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    sharpie on masking tape.
    cut down.
    done.
    cheap
    easy

i actually take it a step further. I put who sent me the cigar if it was a gift.

Great cheap idea, nice. Really need to start doing that. It can get tough to remember who sent what sometimes but I'm usually good at remembering. Especially if it's a Camacho, that makes it real easy, lmao.
    Ken Light 3K MOW Badge - 8/14
    2015 Gang War - East Coast
    Enola Gay - Target #29

• Options
    rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,779 ✭✭✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    sharpie on masking tape.
    cut down.
    done.
    cheap
    easy

I write the date and a name also. I buy the Avery labels (1/2 " x 3/4") and use a fine tipped marker. The labels come in a pack of 525 for a couple bucks. Easy to write out if you are doing 5 or 10 since they are in small sheets.
  • Options
    FireRobFireRob Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭
    jimmyv723:
    . It can get tough to remember who sent what sometimes but I'm usually good at remembering. Especially if it's a Camacho, that makes it real easy, lmao.
    Humm, so you can easily remember who sent you some Camacho's? Interesting....
  • Options
    rsherman24:
    kuzi16:
    sharpie on masking tape.
    cut down.
    done.
    cheap
    easy

I write the date and a name also. I buy the Avery labels (1/2 " x 3/4") and use a fine tipped marker. The labels come in a pack of 525 for a couple bucks. Easy to write out if you are doing 5 or 10 since they are in small sheets.
    Yep I date every cigar I get. If it's a whole box or Mazo maybe only a few get labeled and the box. Put the date I got it and if a gift their name and if it was a gift with a reason I want to make sure I don't forget I'll put that also (ex. Birthday, gangwar etc). Here is a pic of the cello of the cigar I just posted in "smoked a good cigar from... Thread.

photo IMG_1520.jpg
  • Options
    FireRob:
    jimmyv723:
    . It can get tough to remember who sent what sometimes but I'm usually good at remembering. Especially if it's a Camacho, that makes it real easy, lmao.

Lol, yeah and tellin ya man that older version Corojo Maduro was awesome. I saw they have a Corona in the new version just not sure how the new compares to the old.
    Enola Gay - Target #29

• Options
    FireRob:
    rsherman24:
    kuzi16:
    sharpie on masking tape.
    cut down.
    done.
    cheap
    easy

Yep I date every cigar I get. If it's a whole box or Mazo maybe only a few get labeled and the box. Put the date I got it and if a gift their name and if it was a gift with a reason I want to make sure I don't forget I'll put that also (ex. Birthday, gangwar etc). Here is a pic of the cello of the cigar I just posted in "smoked a good cigar from... Thread.

photo IMG_1520.jpg

Nice and need to get my stuff labeled like that. Luckily it's only been about 5 months but have my Winedor about full already lol. Not sure but hoping my Aunt may be getting me a second one for Christmas so we'll see.
    Enola Gay - Target #29

• Options
    jimmyv723:
    FireRob:
    jimmyv723:

Lol, yeah and tellin ya man that older version Corojo Maduro was awesome. I saw they have a Corona in the new version just not sure how the new compares to the old.
    Glad you enjoyed it! I bought up all those I could while I was still able to find them. One day I'll send you some more. I missed it when the old ones were new, so I had to scramble to make up for lost time. Still tracking down old Camacho's when I can find them and always finding out about some I didn't know about.
  • Options
    FireRob:
    jimmyv723:
    FireRob:
    jimmyv723:

Glad you enjoyed it! I bought up all those I could while I was still able to find them. One day I'll send you some more. I missed it when the old ones were new, so I had to scramble to make up for lost time. Still tracking down old Camacho's when I can find them and always finding out about some I didn't know about.

That's not necessary bro, just wasn;t sure how the new version stacked up. It was nice because it had the coffee notes I like in stuff like the Tatuaje Reservas, Padron 64s and the LP No. 9 I had but it had almost a Toffee flavor to it as well which was unique.

It does suck when brands change it up like that and glad you were able to at least find some and hope you find the others you're looking to get too. If I happen to see any of the older ones I'll give you a heads up fo sho.
    Enola Gay - Target #29

• Options
    CigaryCigary Posts: 630
    I use a Sharpie and there is no smell at all...doesn't rub off and I use the black ink so it is more noticeable.
  • Options
    Poopy_JonesPoopy_Jones Posts: 455 ✭✭✭
    Cigary:
    I use a Sharpie and there is no smell at all...doesn't rub off and I use the black ink so it is more noticeable.
    I use a silver Sharpie for the darker wrappers
  • Options
    Man I wish I had gotten on the date and name label system before I got neck deep in cigars. lol
  • Options
    benhanksbenhanks Posts: 342 ✭✭
    Cigary:
    +1, this so what I do. Four digit date code, month and year.