Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Winter plans?

Does anyone have any plans or projects in the works for this winter? For me, if i'm not huddled around a fire you can always find me in the garage either working on motorcycles or my race car. Once I get home on Fridays I usually do not leave the house until I have to go to work on Mondays. Basically I hibernate.

Comments

• Options
    BStayerBStayer Posts: 318
    I've been bustin' my hump all summer long doing projects outside the house, big projects. This winter I plan on relaxing...drinking a great deal of beer/bourbon and smoking new smokes. I'm done with projects for a couple of mos. - hopefully!
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will probably be looking for work. Lay off coming very soon. This winter is really going to suck for me.
  • Options
    BTJR99BTJR99 Posts: 97
    Man I have a ton of small projects going on around the house. During the summer I had an old PTAC unit go bad that ended up leaking water on my floating hardwood floor. I replaced the ac unit but I still have to finish fixing and painting the drywall. Then I have to pull up a section on the wood floor and replace the pieces that warped. I have quite a few mouldings that I want to replace and a bunch of painting to do. Also have one bathroom I want to gut and re-do and also a shower door in another bathroom that i want to install. And thats what I can remember off the top of my head.
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Spend less money (after I fill the humidor), go on vacation, look for a new career like the rest of the US. Read more cause my library is getting stupid.... Oh and get a new guitar (i'm thinking PRS)
  • Options
    TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    I was doing some projects today - little things like changing out doorknobs and hinges. We have a baby on the way, so we'll be busy busy this winter working on a baby room and all sorts of stuff for it.
  • Options
    Yeah there are a few things that need to be replaced in the house but that wont take long. As long as I have plenty firewood for the garage and a good supply of smokes, then i'm content. When my dad retired from the Charleston Fire Dept he told me that "another snowflake will not fall on my ass again." So he packed up and bought a house in Sebatisan Florida where he was in heaven until he passed away in '05. Now he lives in heaven, hmm how ironic. Love you Dad!