Home Trades, Passes and Bombs
Options

Gauging Interest, tire kicking the idea of trading my Opus X's

FireRobFireRob Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭
Bear with me here for a little while, might have a lot to type and I am doing it from my phone. Let me say I am sorry now.

Specifically, I am interested in trading for some older hard to find Camacho's that are listed below.

Camacho Face Off
Camacho Limited Harvest
Camacho Meritage
Camacho Negro
Camacho Liberty, years I have "NOT" had and am looking for- ('02,'03,'05,'10,'11), (thanks for the 2012 Flowbee!!!)

Ok the long story-

First, if the Opus X cigar was a gift/bomb I am keeping it and will be smoking it on a special occasion.

Second I don't have anything rare fancy or special, that I know of, I am by no means an Opus aficionado. All I know is I have bought a few here and there over the last 6 months or so. Most of what I have is two of several sizes. My plan was to smoke one sooner than later and age the second to try later. If the interest is here, I'll go through my "Opus tray" in my aging humidor and figure out exactly what I have and am willing to trade. Also some are already ear marked to be bombed out.

Why I am kicking the tires with this idea and your chance to sway me one way or the other.

So far I have smoked a Lost City and what I think was a regular FFOX Perfexion 4. Basically I am just not impressed so far. Yes they were both a good cigar and no complaints about them. (burn, draw, smoke volume were all great, and flavors were "just ok" to "good" with a sweet spot here and there of "good" to "better than good" flavors) To me it was a very mild cigar and for all the hype they receive I don't see what the fuss is all about. I have read that they are suposed to be "full" this and that and to make sure you smoke with something in your stomach. Last night I smoked the Perfexion 4 about six hours after eating lunch and still thought it to be on the very mild side. I also read that if I let them age that they are suposed to become more mild with time. To me if my biggest complaint was it is mild, aging is the last thing I want to do, correct? Do the flavors really improve with age and would I regret not having these to try at a later time?

So, let's hear what you have to say. We can talk Opus all you want, I'll read it.

Of course if anyone has any of the Camacho's I am looking for I'll trade anything I have in my bio (should be mostly up to date) you are interested in or if it is easy to get I'll get you what you want, or I can also just pay you if that is your preference. Let's talk. Main thing is I am not looking for bombs.

Comments

• Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What do you have exactly?
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    D_FreshD_Fresh Posts: 610 ✭✭✭
    Unfortunately I don't have what you're looking for. I'm an Opus X **** so if there's something else we can work out, please let me know
  • Options
    danielzreyes:
    What do you have exactly?
    DZR, (and any one else) I'll get back to you over the next couple days when I can do a count and take some pictures. What do you have on my list?
  • Options
    flowbeeflowbee Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭
    I have a liberty of which you desire Rob!!
    The 12 is yours bro!!
    1 question; did you get the Camacho 2014 Liberty yet?
  • Options
    rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have some aged Gurkha I could part with for some Opus
  • Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just wanted to buy them
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    flowbee:
    The 12 is yours bro!!
    I do have some of the 2014. I'll shoot you a PM if you want to trade for a 2012. If it's your last one though I am not interested in it.
  • Options
    danielzreyes:
    I just wanted to buy them
    Seeing how I don't have good connections I way over paid for these to sell them. Think high market on line prices.... I would just add a couple to order
  • Options
    rsherman24:
    I have some aged Gurkha I could part with for some Opus
    Sherm, your my buddy! I should mention none of the Opus have reached a year of age yet and some are brand new, keep that in mind that their not as aged as the Gurka's
  • Options
    FireRob:
    flowbee:
    The 12 is yours bro!!
    I do have some of the 2014. I'll shoot you a PM if you want to trade for a 2012. If it's your last one though I am not interested in it.

Ill trade you the 2012

I asked about the 2014 only because I saw 1 today in my B&M
  • Options
    flowbee:
    FireRob:
    flowbee:
    The 12 is yours bro!!

Ill trade you the 2012

Wait, so your interested in a 2014? I can do that and I'll sweeten the pot
  • Options
    FireRob:
    flowbee:
    FireRob:
    flowbee:
    The 12 is yours bro!!

Ill trade you the 2012

No sir, I was gonna have my guy hold it for you if you didn't have one!

Im looking for an Opus for New Years Eve
  • Options
    flowbee:
    FireRob:
    flowbee:
    FireRob:
    flowbee:
    The 12 is yours bro!!

Ill trade you the 2012

No sir, I was gonna have my guy hold it for you if you didn't have one!

Im looking for an Opus for New Years Eve
    Yikes, the only problem I see is I don't know for sure I can get it to you by New Years but I'll see what I can do. I need to hit the post office for some flat rates and stamps and last thing I want to do is go there during the holidays
  • Options
    Thas ok, I can wait till after New Years!!!

I print my lables here at home and schedule pick up for free, and I save 55 cents on each box I mail, I don't go to the post office, I don't like it either!!

no worries Rob, no hurry ok
  • Options
    I'll see what I can pull off, want you to enjoy an good NYE smoke
  • Options
    ckrddsmkeckrddsmke Posts: 392
    flowbee:
    Thas ok, I can wait till after New Years!!!

I print my lables here at home and schedule pick up for free, and I save 55 cents on each box I mail, I don't go to the post office, I don't like it either!!

no worries Rob, no hurry ok
    Second that online postage is the way to go.
  • Options
    Incoming Dix Hills NY!!!

Had just enough stamps to send one flat rate out. Happy New Year!!!

• Options
    FireRob:
    This land yet???
  • Options
    Got it Rob, Comin back at ya bro!! 9405903699300328573719
  • Options
    Glad to hear it arrived, hope you enjoy it and maybe at least one of the others
  • Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    sending PM, re Liberty 2011
  • Options
    Replied back