Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Couple Stupid Questions

I searched but I could not find an answer so I hope y'all can help my dumb ass, lol. What are the green bars next to a poster's name? I assume it is some sort of reputation system, however, I can't see any way of affecting it on people's posts.

Second, when you look at someone's profile and check "recent posts" it has a "post rank". I can't figure out what this is.

Thanks in advance for any info.

Comments

• Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    the green bars seem to represent the number of posts you have. if you are in the top post rank all of the bars are full. if you are in the next post rank all but one are green...

as far as post rank goes... i think that is done by percent of the forum that your posts represent.

i could be wrong.
  • Options
    clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    I've never been able to figure it out. I don't typically pay much attention to it.

But, since there are 8 bars there, they could represent days of the week that you're posting on here and people like Kuzi are just on here twice on Sundays! LOL!

Just messin with you Kuzi. ;-)
  • Options
    Renaissance_ManRenaissance_Man Posts: 973 ✭✭
    Hm.... Kuzi's ranks is 1 and mine is 4... I certainly don't think my posts amass to that much... Its interesting..
  • Options
    ThewelderThewelder Posts: 682 ✭✭
    WOOHOO top ten baby. I'm ranked 8.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Yeah if you look at mine I'm ranked 1 as well (move over Kuzi!) I think it has to do with the number of posts as well as time on here. Maybe the Alex cuold help out with this one ...
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    gmill880:
    Yeah if you look at mine I'm ranked 1 as well (move over Kuzi!) I think it has to do with the number of posts as well as time on here. Maybe the Alex cuold help out with this one ...
    Number 2 !! I must be doing something wrong :)
  • Options
    BStayerBStayer Posts: 318
    Well, I'm at a post rank of a whopping 128. 128 of what, I don't know.
  • Options
    One2gofstOne2gofst Posts: 583
    No idea here, but I am number 32
  • Options
    nightmaremike31nightmaremike31 Posts: 718 ✭✭✭
    Cool, I'm ranked 16. So that's like a B- or a C+ maybe?

I can live with that. I've been a cigar citizen here for over a year and a half, I'm good with top 20.
  • Options
    BStayerBStayer Posts: 318
    nightmaremike31:
    Cool, I'm ranked 16. So that's like a B- or a C+ maybe?

I can live with that. I've been a cigar citizen here for over a year and a half, I'm good with top 20.

Dang, if a post rank of 16 is a C+, I must be like an F -. Great, I'm an epic fail.
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    laker1963:
    gmill880:
    I'm number 2 as well... no idea what it all means though.
  • Options
    Where are you guys coming up with this ranking thing???? What's my rank??? I need to set goals for the rest of year, damnit! What's my rank? I'm so lost......
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    laker1963:
    gmill880:
    post more
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    phobicsquirrel:
    laker1963:
    gmill880:
    post more
    No, it must mean something different then that. As far as post goes I am 10 last time I looked bot still wasn't in the top 10 on the Green Bar scale???

I think it's just some bling, to keep us monkey's interested.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    clearlysuspect:
    Where are you guys coming up with this ranking thing???? What's my rank??? I need to set goals for the rest of year, damnit! What's my rank? I'm so lost......

Phil your a 4. Click on your name then recent posts , your ranking is there ...
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    laker1963:
    phobicsquirrel:
    laker1963:
    gmill880:
    post more
    No, it must mean something different then that. As far as post goes I am 10 last time I looked bot still wasn't in the top 10 on the Green Bar scale???

I think it's just some bling, to keep us monkey's interested.
    who you calling a monkey!!!!!...... ;-)
  • Options
    YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There seems to be no rhyme or reason to the rank. Mine's a 16 and I have fewer posts than several other members.

Can someone from ccom shed some light on this?
  • Options
    JZJZ Posts: 827
    The green bars are for you contribuitions. The more post, the more green bars. Hold your mouse over it and it'll say something like "Top 75 contributer"

I don't believe there are stupid questions, just stupid people...JK :) I had to put that!
  • Options
    TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    I'm post rank 4 - no idea why.
  • Options
    gmill880:
    clearlysuspect:

Phil your a 4. Click on your name then recent posts , your ranking is there ...
    Sweeeeeeet! But is that #4 in the AP Poll, Coaches Poll, or BCS? And that's kinda scary actually cause the #4 teams have gotten knocked off a lot this year! Am I next? I gotta watch my back!