Home Non Cigar Related

I know this will make you all happy.

jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
The arterial stasis has repaired to venous stasis so I can hit the PC other then the occasional post on the way to the facilities. I know you have all missed me (sarcasm) and I will do my best to make up for missed posts. Still have at least 4 to 6 months of changing bandages every 3 or 4 days but I can at least stay out of bed and attend to things other then being so bored I wanted to eat the bottle of pain meds (joke). Yes sir, being able to again devote my full attention to this forum has put a smile back on my face (more sarcasm).

No more cigar ashes or burn marks on the sheets (no joke) and no more grimacing in pain, its a wonderful day. I think I will celebrate with a Cinco Vegas Gold Bullion (a big honker) and lots of rum and coke (with lime of course).

But first I am going to collect all my change and get some good treats for the outside fur balls. They have been at the window and door wondering why I have not come out to play for so long and I need to make up for it. And my pal with only one eye, River, never left my side through the whole thing. And he even kept the other guys quiet when I could sleep. I love my dogs.

Please, no applause (more sarcasm).

And lest I forget. Thank you Roger and the anonymous contributor of the Silver gel, I won't forget.

Comments

• Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good to hear you're better. And the outside friends must be real glad too. Don't stay out there with them too long while you hand out treats. You'll freeze your fingers and toes off.
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I should have taken you up on that offer.
  • FireRobFireRob Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭
    Welcome back buddy and take care of your self!
  • StubbleStubble Posts: 8,751 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good to see you feeling better!!!
    Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
    The plan was, he said, to sneak out the bedroom door and surprise the dogs. Well, the door squeaked and in about 5 seconds I was by all fur balls, attacked and licked from head to toe. No cookies were accepted until rubs all around except for Mad Max who is a hard core cookie monster. Had to sit on the steps because I think they would have knocked me down otherwise. Mad Max then laid his head on my leg and got a good head rub. Sophie won't take a treat unless she is about 50 feet away and you throw it to her. The 2 rascals and Growler were all tangled up with each other trying to get to me, I only have 2 hands guys.

I really feel sorry for folks that don't have a dog. They will never understand the bonding that takes place.

And 2 pieces of really good news.
    1. A lady is donating (for house training a dog) a 6 sided (10 ft each side, 6 ft high) kennel. That means we can take Sidney our really silly Pit Bull off the leash. It has always bothered us.
    2. Another guy is actually going to pay my wife to train his Wiemaraner which will get us a new stove.....the only problem is they are not considered to be the brightest bulb in the lamp. But, they are tons of fun and capable of great loyalty.

I should get stuck in bed more often.
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad you're improving, now, get busy! ;)
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Great to hear your health is improving, Happy New year JD.
  • First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,348 ✭✭✭✭✭
    JD glad to see you are up and about. Our dog, Lady has been glued to me for the past three days since we had house quests. One good thing about our quests is that Alan, one of our guests and me made two bat houses. Now all I got to do is crawl 20 feet up a extension ladder and screw my bat house into the east facing wall of our garden shed. Get your butt moving old man.
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,419 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad to hear things are better Jd
    Thank you Bob Luken, FireRob, Stubble, Amos Umwhat, Kaspera79, First Warrior and CharlieHeis for the kind words. It is so good to be out of bed. Way too long with my feet raised.

Strange, I am smoking my 6th cigar of the day and making my 3rd pot of coffee.
  • twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    glad to hear your up and about!! I'm sure the fur babies missed you. Hope your path to recovery is smooth. And 6 cigars and 2 pots of coffee???? man you are gonna be pretty "occupied" later.
    no matter where you go, there you are.