Home Non Cigar Related

New Year Good Luck Supper

First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
I know it's been a couple of days but what did you all eat for new years supper? South of the Mason Dixon line the traditional meal is collards, blackeyed peas with ham hocks, and corn bread and hot pepper vinegar on the side. This meal will bring good luck in the new year. We had collards from our garden and the rest of the fixins we bought from the store. Good homemade corn bread is a treat. Smoked a Holiday Blend afterwords. We always do this on New Years day for good fortune in the coming year. Any body else have a good luck meal?

Comments

• blutattooblutattoo Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    We always have crab in something. Weird tradition I know. When I was a kid my grandma always prepared black eyed peas on new years eve, but she was from South Dakota by way of Germany so I'm not sure where she got that.
  • onestrangeoneonestrangeone Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pork roast, black-eye and purple-hull peas, cauliflower/broccoli salad sweet-potato pie. Not really a tradition or anything, just what was there.
  • ShadowInTheMoonShadowInTheMoon Posts: 507 ✭✭
    Fracking ihop pancakes... i had to work
    Two people with a common goal can accomplish many things. Two people with a common enemy can accomplish even more.
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My wife made some kind of burrito casserole and it was amazing. We had Lasagna Christmas Day. Just weird menus this year.
  • The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    1st meal of the year was a rib-eye, potatoes and corn. My wife has pretty much got me off red meat maybe get some twice a month so this was a treat.
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rodger, the Buckeyes peas and ham is a tradition on my wife's side as well, so we did that, a gorgeous ribeye and sweet potatoe with butter and brown sugar whipped potatoes. Topped it off with a bottle of white wine from RayRay. Great start to the year :)
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."