Home Non Cigar Related

Why give credit for failure?

Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
Attempted murder should get harsher sentences. The intent was the same. He just happened to fail in the attempt. Why give credit for failure when the intent is clear and lethal?

Murderer,...almost.

Comments

• onestrangeoneonestrangeone Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    But he looks so remorseful.
    I do agree with you, the justice system has some serious flaws in it. Here in TX a 'life' sentience is 25 yrs. however this does not mean you will do 25 yrs. because of over crowding, 'time off' for 'good' behavior, parole, etc it is possible to do a 'life' sentience in as few as 6 yrs.
  • Big''nBall''nBig''nBall''n Posts: 767 ✭✭✭✭
    Bob Luken:
    Attempted murder should get harsher sentences. The intent was the same. He just happened to fail in the attempt. Why give credit for failure when the intent is clear and lethal?

Murderer,...almost.

I agree Bob
    The Names Ball'n.... Big'nBall'n! 
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tattooed his eyebone? This guy is bad-ass.
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    I've always felt the same. Just because you failed doesn't make you any more innocent.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We reward failure all the time. Just look at the photos in the headlines. And don't forget, we are going to pass Jane and Johnny so they don't feel bad.