2»

Comments

• Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    kaspera79:
    90+ Irishman:
    kaspera79:
    90+ Irishman:
    Thanks John, hard parts over and I have no desire to ever go down that road again. Saving over $330/month alone just by quitting smoking.
    WHAT...How much are cigarettes there, and how many pack were you burning ?
    Oh and Tony, 2 packs between the two of us is a lot better than what I used to be at. For 4+ years I was burning 2-3 packs a day just by myself lol.
    When I read that number I thought it was a lot. I know Illinois has one of the highest prices on cigarettes in the country at 7.50 in the suburbs and over ten buck in Chicago, actually 11.50 because of taxes. Second only to New York where it is as high as 15.00 a pack. That alone should make someone quit. Congratulations on the lifestyle change, I know it's tough to quit, it took me many attempts before I could do it.
    Thanks Tony and yeah it's ridiculous and we are both really glad to be done with that crap.
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    EulogyEulogy Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still staying strong Irish?
  • Options
    Eulogy:
    Still staying strong Irish?
    Thanks for asking man and yeah not a single slip up or anything from myself or Amanda :)
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    That's great news. Keep it up; both of you.
  • Options
    Eulogy:
    That's great news. Keep it up; both of you.
    Thanks bro very happy to have quit and lots of money savings too.
  • Options
    bert873bert873 Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats man!
  • Options
    bert873:
    Congrats man!
    Thanks Bert, much appreciated :)
  • Options
    I didn't realize this was 3 months to the day you said you quit. Must be serendipity.
  • Options
    CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good job Brett
  • Options
    raisindotraisindot Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    Congrats! Quitting is the best thing you can do for your health and you wallet.
  • Options
    Eulogy:
    I didn't realize this was 3 months to the day you said you quit. Must be serendipity.
    I hadn't realized that either very cool! Thanks for checking on the progress Gang and much appreciated we are both still going strong without a hiccup ;)
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Rain:
    Bout to be on day one myself...the struggle is real. Congrats brah :)
    Hey Rain, you have been kind of quiet about your no smoking attempt.. How's your tobacco battle going.
  • Options
    Dark_RoastDark_Roast Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭
    90+ Irishman:
    Eulogy:
    I hadn't realized that either very cool! Thanks for checking on the progress Gang and much appreciated we are both still going strong without a hiccup ;)
    I understand kicking cigarettes can be as tough as kicking some very tough controlled substances. Glad to hear you have stayed strong!
  • Options
    Dark Roast:
    90+ Irishman:
    Eulogy:
    I understand kicking cigarettes can be as tough as kicking some very tough controlled substances. Glad to hear you have stayed strong!
    Thanks man, ain't always easy to do the right thing but easy to know what needs done for it to be right. Just had to commit to doing what was needed.
  • Options
    aschwendt13aschwendt13 Posts: 31
    I personally had no peoblem kicking a meth habbit in my younger years, but just cant kick the smokes...i am down to about 2 packs a week now...i know how hard ot is irish, congradulations man
  • Options
    aschwendt13:
    I personally had no peoblem kicking a meth habbit in my younger years, but just cant kick the smokes...i am down to about 2 packs a week now...i know how hard ot is irish, congradulations man
    Thanks man and best of luck to you too!