Home General Discussion

Cigar Factory New Orleans - fill me in

LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
So a friend brought me these after his mom went to New Orleans. I know it's been AT LEAST a week since he has had them. Dry as a bone sadly. Am I missing out on a good thing with these?

Life is like a blind fiver. You never know what you're gonna get.

Comments

• The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    Not sure what you mean? Throw them in the Humi and give em a couple months.
    If your asking if they are an incredible stick, and should you pursue getting more, Id say no. But each of us has our own tastes, Very thoughtful gesture though!
    Walk a little further down Bourbon street then hang a right on Orleans St, there youll find Crescent City cigar. Go in, pick a cigar, kick back and enjoy!
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crescent City is a cool little shop with a good selection and atmosphere. Never heard of the other place though.
  • LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
    The Kid:
    If your asking if they are an incredible stick, and should you pursue getting more, Id say no. But each of us has our own tastes, Very thoughtful gesture though!
    Walk a little further down Bourbon street then hang a right on Orleans St, there youll find Crescent City cigar. Go in, pick a cigar, kick back and enjoy!

yeah the fact that they specifically stopped there to grab a couple sticks for me... Made my day. :) they are in my herfador right now with a 65% boveda and will stay there for quite some time. Lol I wasn't sure if these were supposed to be amazing cigars or if they were run of the mill sticks. Either way the gift is what mattered to me :)
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    The Kid:
    jsnake:
    Crescent City is a cool little shop with a good selection and atmosphere. Never heard of the other place though.
    yes... this is true.
    Armando is a good guy. they also sell Elogio cigars. make sure to try those. the Elogio Serie Habano is one of my favorite cigars... especially after a few years of age.
  • The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    LiquidChaos66:
    The Kid:

I wasn't sure if these were supposed to be amazing cigars or if they were run of the mill sticks. Either way the gift is what mattered to me :)
    I would say they are amazing in the fact that they were gifted to you by friends. I wouldnt call them a run of the mill stick as one can only find those in New Orleans, and they are good enough where I wouldnt call them a novelty. I hope they bounce back (i think they will) and you are able to enjoy at least one and then maybe save one to remember the thought.

Crescent city also has a pretty good selection of Viaje for those of you that enjoy those ,, I wont mention any names,,cough cough JSNAKE, But Im sure he already knows that ;o)
  • FireRobFireRob Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭
    I got one of those with the black band sitting in my Humi that a buddy brought back for me. Haven't tried it yet but will get to it one day
  • SasquatchSasquatch Posts: 307 ✭✭✭
    I smoked a couple awhile back....nothing memorable about them....your average yard/fishing 'gar.
  • skydiverDskydiverD Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I happen to be smoking one irght now.  Maduro Numero Dos.  While it do enjoy them, they are decent, I think they are a bit over priced. for $6 I can do better.  If they were in the $4 range then they would be a good value.  
    How do you like my profile pic Taborski?   @matkn293          
  • EmceeEmcee Posts: 132 ✭✭✭
    I know it's an old thread, but I was looking for opinions on these guys.  I'm over there in Nola usually twice a year, and I always stop in to pick up a few sticks.  I like to let them sit in the humi for a few weeks before I burn one.
    Like someone said, they're not spectacular, but they do develop a little character with some time.  I think I like them simply because they're like smoking a souvenir of my trip... and I like watching them roll them right there, too.
    I had a couple of each in the pic. I enjoyed them. They weren't the best cigars I've had but they weren't terrible. For me it was mostly the fact that someone thought of me and bought these as a gift. :) if I were to ever visit there... I would grab a few more. 
  • EmceeEmcee Posts: 132 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2016
    I had a couple of each in the pic. I enjoyed them. They weren't the best cigars I've had but they weren't terrible. For me it was mostly the fact that someone thought of me and bought these as a gift. :) if I were to ever visit there... I would grab a few more. 
    If you do visit, make sure to bypass the little storefront on Bourbon, and head over to their bigger location on Decatur.  That's where they have people rolling, and the large walk-in humidor.  I've bought from the Bourbon location, and I've gotten dry sticks, wrappers separating, etc. 
    That's good to know! thanks for the advice! :)
  • MorganGeoMorganGeo Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been by the location on Decatur several times and have yet to go in. I've always been a little sloshed coming back from bourbon and just trying to make it back to my hotel safely.  Lol.   The store looks cool and got to get in there
  • TNBigfoot68TNBigfoot68 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My Step-Son went to New Orleans last fall and brought back a stick rolled right there on-site. I'm not sure It made me feel really good that he thought of me..
    I was born a fool, and just got bigger!