Home General Discussion
Options

Segundos??

Anyone ever have issues with these?

Comments

• Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Yeah, but only as much as you'd expect to have issues with firsts, which is to say once in a while.
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    "Segundos: Which is Spanish for "A Whales' ****""
  • Options
    Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    TheShaun:
    Anyone ever have issues with these?
    I have never had any problems with them....but I have never had one either. I wanna try them to try and save some coin.
  • Options
    Duder2Duder2 Posts: 926
    Out of the 2 RP 1990 segundos I've had, one had a blemished wrapper, but smoked great. The other was full of holes and didn't smoke well at all. I'd have to imagine the holy one was the exception to the rule as my buddy who gave them to me hasn't had any problems with them.
  • Options
    Lasabar:
    Geek in English for a male wales doens
  • Options
    Duder2Duder2 Posts: 926
    Oh, and I left my wallet in El Segundo once. I had to get it, I had, had to get it....
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    I have smoked the Vintage 92 2nds, and currently have the OWR 2nds. Both smoked fine. Only thing is that the wrapper usually has some kind of blemish, chip or something wrong with it. But the taste is no different than a 1st. Alot easier on the wallet too, I bought 20 OWR maduros at $3 a cigar, considering OWR is Rocky's most expensive smoke, that was a GREAT deal.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Posts: 930
    Aside from the normal, expected issues that I've had with firsts, no. I bought a bundle of Padilla Habano segundos from here around April or May. The only way I knew they were segundos was the fact that the site told me they were.
  • Options
    denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    Lasabar:
    i thought that was san diego..... i bought a pack of Itc 10 year seconds off here. i've been happy with them so far
  • Options
    Poker_SlobPoker_Slob Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have purchased seconds from La Aurora and from RP. Out of the 50 or so I have smoked, only one had a problem.
  • Options
    Yes, these are great values.

I got some of the sungrowns and the only issue I had was they were a little young, got them sleeping though, they should be great in a few months. Peace, Nick
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I've smoked segundos from Rocky (ITC 10th), Sol Cubano (CC), Perdomo (ESV '91) and all have been as good as the firsts....well, in a way they are technically better since they come at a lower price point. And I don't have to remove any pesky bands. Segundos for the win.
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    I have had RP Decade, RP OWR Corojo and Maduro, ITC 10th Anniversary, Perdomo ESV, and RP Signature seconds and never had issues with any of them. The absolute worst thing I have ever found with any of them was a slightly crooked cap or a few sunspots on the wrapper, neither of which affected the smoke. And most of the time, I can't even tell why it is a second.