Home General Discussion

Just found out my Cubans are fakes...

Im guessing i shouldnt smoke these, right? People have found horrible things inside their fakes. Also i should probably remove them from my humidor, right?

Comments

• RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Sad face:(Also, don't smoke toenails! Send me your addy and I'll send a newsletter, calendar and some real smokes!
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bummer... yeah, some guys will smoke em, it's really a gamble though. Could be an OK cigar with swapped bands. Or, it could be scraps, hair, and other crap rolled up and be very nasty. Beetles might be a concern too, but if you can keep temps in check I wouldn't be too worried. Of course, not much reason to keep em if you don't want to try smoking it and it's a known fake.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
    If you take them out of the humidor... Cut them open and take pics! Lets see whats it looks like!
    Life is like a blind fiver. You never know what you're gonna get.
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    LiquidChaos66:
    If you take them out of the humidor... Cut them open and take pics! Lets see whats it looks like!
    +1
    Money can't buy taste
  • LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
    Check out this thread I bumped for you "Authentic Cuban v Cold Steel Ti-Lite Pic Heavy". :) Do that! :)
    Life is like a blind fiver. You never know what you're gonna get.
  • jimmyv723jimmyv723 Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭
    If you do cut them open maybe you'll get lucky and get a Keith Hernandez Rookie Card.
    Ken Light 3K MOW Badge - 8/14
    2015 Gang War - East Coast
    Enola Gay - Target #29

• youngryan216youngryan216 Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭
    jimmyv723:
    If you do cut them open maybe you'll get lucky and get a Keith Hernandez Rookie Card.
    LMAO Best ISOM review ever
    ISO Ramrod and Ron Mexico
  • HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    Wmstephen96:
    Im guessing i shouldnt smoke these, right? People have found horrible things inside their fakes. Also i should probably remove them from my humidor, right?
    Bummer dude... you sure about all of them, though? Like I said, Cohiba DID release a LE in 2014, a 5"x58 robusto with a holographic band.

I live in Spain, so my local tobacconists stock all the Cubans and little else. Despite what you think, I'm envious of YOU guys.
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cut oneopen and check it out. There have been some counterfeits that were decent cigars in their own right.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hays:
    Bummer dude... you sure about all of them, though? Like I said, Cohiba DID release a LE in 2014, a 5"x58 robusto with a holographic band.

A friend unknowingly bought some Cohiba fakes in Mexico that had a holographic seal on the box the fiver came in. The image on the seal showed the island of Cuba but instead of "Cuba" emblazoned across the island it said "Aqui". On the back of the box, burned into the wood where it's supposed to say "Totalmente a Mano" it said "Totalmente a nana" or "Totally by grandma".

We opened one up expecting to find grass, horse turds, nylon cord, etc. but it all looked like tobacco so one of the guys smoked the others and said they weren't too bad. Ya just never know.... ??
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    jlmarta:
    "Totally by grandma"
    nice. if i ever have a cigar company im gunna put this on the back of all my boxes.
  • flowbeeflowbee Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭
    jimmyv723:
    I just spit my coffee on my screen Thanks JImmy!!!
    kuzi16:
    jlmarta:
    "Totally by grandma"
    nice. if i ever have a cigar company im gunna put this on the back of all my boxes.

Yeah, the Mexicans are just yanking our chain with stuff like that. Lol. The hologram really looked impressive until you look close and realize what you're seeing.

I didn't make that up - I've still got the box. ??
  • variant2variant2 Posts: 882 ✭✭✭✭
    jlmarta:
    SNIP
    We opened one up expecting to find grass, horse turds, nylon cord, etc.
    /SNIP
    Funny you should mention nylon cord. This guy found some a week ago in his 5Vegas stick.
    LINK TO THE PICS

Cнeerѕ! Moтнerғυcĸer
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    That's the cord used to hold the hands of tobacco together in the pelones. I've seen this before. Not common but it does happen.
    kuzi16:
    That's the cord used to hold the hands of tobacco together in the pelones. I've seen this before. Not common but it does happen.

Yep. It happens even to the best of 'em...

photo 27AFBC7C-CCEF-4252-8253-59105B65E368.jpg
  • Dark_RoastDark_Roast Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭
    Don't feel bad. You are not the first or last that will purchase a fake Cuban. Knowlege is power and you will find the knowlege in this forum. Just check out some of the post's regarding spotting a fake Cuban. Good Luck. For me, I have no interest in smoking one, maybe that's because I never have. You can't miss what you have never had.
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jlmarta:
    kuzi16:

Is that cord or a large stem? I guess either way is not good. Better than a nail like one guy around here found in a gurkha, lol!
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
    Gray4lines:
    jlmarta:
    kuzi16:

Is that cord or a large stem? I guess either way is not good. Better than a nail like one guy around here found in a gurkha, lol!

It's a scorched cord.... ??
    Gray4lines:
    jlmarta:
    kuzi16:

It's a scorched cord.... ??