Home Non Cigar Related
Options

BOTL's with Blackberries??

bacon.jaybacon.jay Posts: 720 ✭✭✭
Anybody out there use a Blackberry as their personal cell phone? I've been thinking, maybe we can get a Ccom Blackberry Messenger group going. What does everybody think?

Comments

• Options
    BStayerBStayer Posts: 318
    I'm game, I use a Crackberry. The thing never lets me leave work, so having someone to chat to rather than just clients will be a warm welcome!
  • Options
    Anybody else? I'm pretty sure that for each BBM group there can only be thirty people too, so I'd need to know how many we would have. Also for privacy, as this forum is public we'll need to figure out a way to trade pins with everybody.

I guess the easiest way would be for anyone interested to PM me their PIN, and then I'll send out group invites to everyone that does.
  • Options
    C'mon guys, I know that there's more of you out there than just BStayer...

I figured there'd be more of you gunning for this than just us two.
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    I've got a Blackberry as well.
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I do and here is my pin for you cigar loving fools - 30D5416C
  • Options
    BStayer and Puro, I need your PIN number so I can send you guys the group invite.
  • Options
    HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    I love my BB, but I've never used the BB messenger (have no idea what my PIN is either). I'm curious..what exactly would be the point of making another group on BB messenger? Not to say I'm against the idea - I visit the forum on my phone all the time so I'm well-addicted ;-)..
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • Options
    It's exactly like a chat service, like AIM or Yahoo Messenger, but you can have groups. Only people with a blackberry can use it though, so that kind of sucks.

There's a group calendar, a file-sharing feature, and you can talk to the whole group at the same time. Which blackberry do you have Hays?
  • Options
    Go to options and then status and you will see your pin. It is a good way to stay in touch when you aren't at the computer. Maybe have a convo while enjoying a cigar. I know tons of people who swap pins with stranger and I do not understand that at all. I wouldn't mind staying in touch with you fellows though. I have made lots of good friends here.
  • Options
    Alrighty I get it.. I have the Pearl Flip. It has pretty much all the functionality of the bigger bb's, but I don't have to deal with the full QWERTY keyboard. I hAte the full QWERTY - takes forever to type on with my big ass hands..

I'll see if I can find my pin and forward it to ya Jay.

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • Options
    Well, so far we've got 3 group members:

jsnake
    Hays
    and myself.

Puro, BStayer, and anyone else that wants in just PM me your PIN and i'll send you the group invite.

Make sure that you have the latest BBM installed on your BB or the groups function won't work. You can get it off of AppWorld.

• Options
    C'mon guys! Where aRe all of ya? Been chatting it up with Jay and Jake, and it's great. Adds a little more personalilty to forum friendships I think; I'm sure digging it at least.

• Options
    Yeah, i think we're all diggin it, especially the picture sharing feature. It's going pretty good, you guys gotta check it out!!
  • Options
    C'mon guys join in. Not trying to replace the boards but enjoying some real time friendship.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Man I wish I had one I'd jump in ...
  • Options
    bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    yeah...I'm more of a window's mobile phone guy
  • Options
    bbc020:

Meh.
  • Options
    My wife had a Samsung Backjack II and that windows crap sucked!!
  • Options
    I just bought the BB Storm 2, it should be waiting for me when my ship pulls into Hawaii, if not, I'll have it when I get home to San Diego. So I'm just kinda in limbo right now, but when I get it, I'll hit you up.
  • Options
    bacon.jay:
    bbc020:

Meh.
    I've been using my HTC PPC6800 for almost 2 years. It is not an iPhone and def not a blackberry. It is much like a mini computer.

The processor can be slow, the internal memory could be maxed out in a hurry with hundreds of apps, but it holds all of my contacts, and syncs well with both of my windows based computers. I have expanded the storage to 8 GB, and store photos, music, and lots of literature to be viewed in Adobe (that's right, full books). I often use excel on the phone to take down statistics and lists on the go. I can use it as a cellular modem for my laptop, and easily browse the web on the phone. I can get my favorite sports updates through my browser(s) via espn, I can get up to date weather through weather underground via browser, and anytime i need to find something, google maps works like a charm.

I don't think I've been so satisfied with a phone for this long, every other phone has lost it luster and use after a year. I'm three short months away from actually making it through a 2 year contract with the same phone!
  • Options
    wow...maybe I'm a little defensive about my phone.

sorry folks!
  • Options
    Ha ha it works for you and does what you want. Nothing wrong with that. I just hated my wife's Blackjack II and it made me think hell no I don't want a Blackberry. I love my Blackberry for many of the same reasons. Does everything I want. Awesome pics, music, radio, Facebook, Twitter, internet, sports apps, I can teather it to my computer for internet, e-books, games, contact info. Best thing of all it makes telephone calls and I can talk to people. This phone will last me to my next contract for sure.
  • Options
    A couple of you guys are holding out on us. We have had a few good chats and shared some pics and stuff. It is actually fun and you are under no obligation by joining us. Easy and fun IM with your buddies.
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    I'm glad I DON'T have a Blackberry (I also somewhat detest them) but I don't need this dang BBM to take up my time, I already spend more time here than I should!
  • Options
    bibbybibby Posts: 152
    Same here in regards to glad I don't and I definitely destest them! I could waste more time, but meh...
  • Options
    DSWarmackDSWarmack Posts: 1,426
    All the way from the other side of the planet! 22020CFC
  • Options
    DSWarmack:
    All the way from the other side of the planet! 22020CFC

I was trying to see if there was a reader app for this forum, all this zooming and scrolling is killing me!
  • Options
    RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Posts: 2,915
    Lasabar:
    I'm glad I DON'T have a Blackberry (I also somewhat detest them) but I don't need this dang BBM to take up my time, I already spend more time here than I should!
    Has anyone seen this guy ? Blackberry Groups is not happening anymore than I know of, but ANyone can start a messenger group pn nYAHOO! LOL
  • Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    I have the Blackberry Curve, anything come of this?
  • Options
    I am still trying to find a forum reader that will work. I love this forum and have more than enough time on my hands. computer access is limited though and most of my postig I do from a Blackberry.