Home Non Cigar Related

Irish coffee - your recipe? Now with pics :)

LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
So it has quickly become my drink of choice. The recipe I use is quite simplistic. Coffee, Irish whisky (bushmills is my favorite so far), brown sugar and cream. Sometimes I like to top it with whipped cream... But Shane (Deejmemix) Gets mad at me for it. lol Any of you gents have any variations on the recipe? Im thinking cinnamon would be a nice addition. other than that my originality is fairly lame. lol
Life is like a blind fiver. You never know what you're gonna get.

Comments

• matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Strong bold coffee. Jameson black barrel baileys. Your welcome!

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!

• EulogyEulogy Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    All wiskey, no coffee.
  • MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    I've been craving. We bought some cream to make soup with, but we got too much. Hmmmm. Might just have to make it tonight and go have a smoke. I usually use plain sugar, not brown. Might have to try it.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
    Baileys huh? That sounds amazing!!! Why hadnt I thought I'd that? I want to try that now. I've been thinking about twisting the Irish Coffee a bit. Instead of regular coffee I want to do espresso. Now thanks to you I'm gonna twist it more with Baileys!

As for the sugar... White granulated or sugar in the raw is good. But with a nice dark brown sugar there is a caramely and molasses undertones. It's quite delightful. Offsets the other ingredients very well. Give it a shot and lemme know what you think!
    Eulogy:
    All wiskey, no coffee.

you sound just like Shane!
  • macs-smokesmacs-smokes Posts: 587
    Eulogy:
    All wiskey, no coffee.

or reverse... either works for me
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eulogy:
    All wiskey, no coffee.
    100% authentic Irish Coffee. I can attest to that firsthand. Or is it 3 hands to the wind.... No that's not right. Hiccup.
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • EulogyEulogy Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    90+ Irishman:
    Eulogy:
    All wiskey, no coffee.
    100% authentic Irish Coffee. I can attest to that firsthand. Or is it 3 hands to the wind.... No that's not right. Hiccup.
    someone's enjoying their new glass.
    Eulogy:
    90+ Irishman:
    Eulogy:
    All wiskey, no coffee.
    someone's enjoying their new glass.
    Ahyup lol
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
    So it looks like I have to float a lightly whipped heavy cream on the top. Has anyone floated cream on top of their drinks? can it be hand whipped or does it have to be done with a hand mixer?
    So tried a new recipe. :) this one had me light the whisky on fire. Heeheehee

And I successfully floated cream on top of my drink. :)

• Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Float looks great!
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
    Nice job Chaos, looks really good! What's the whole point of lighting it on fire besides the "cool" factor? I get it on food but not necessarily on a drink?
    It's supposed to change the flavor up a bit. I did notice a difference in the drinks flavor but I don't think it was from the flaming whisky. Lol but for me it's mostly the look cool factor. :) I'll do some research as to why the whisky should be lit and see what comes up. :)
    Cool and I hear ya Chaos, and honestly there is no discounting just the cool and fun factor of that. It's there for a reason and it's fun honestly, but I'm curious to see what you find out if there is a chemical change as well that shows why you'd do it besides just fun and cool.
    Ok so from what it looks like in my "research" lol lighting the chosen beverage helps burn off some of the alcohol. So if you intent is to drink and get buzzed... don't light your drink. Primarily the burning off of the alcohol helps intensify the natural flavors in the drink. our bodies have a hard time distinguishing flavors when the taste buds are being bombarded with alcohol. So helps break down the booze taste and brings up the other flavor profiles.
    Interesting well thanks for the info bro, will have to try an Irish coffee sometime ;)
    If you ever find yourself in my neck of the woods ill make one for ya! should give me plenty of time to perfect my recipe
  • D_FreshD_Fresh Posts: 610 ✭✭✭
    90+ Irishman:
    Interesting well thanks for the info bro, will have to try an Irish coffee sometime ;)
    I feel like it's a disgrace that you haven't had one yet, being an Irishman and all...
    D Fresh:
    90+ Irishman:
    I feel like it's a disgrace that you haven't had one yet, being an Irishman and all...
    I typically do my coffee straight and my whiskey straight bwahaha. Though I do need to try this and if I get up to Millwailukee area I with Chaos thank you!

I do make a MEAN home made hot chocolate with espresso vodka and St. Brendan's Irish cream mixed in. It's leaded and delish!
    Just ordered a set of hand blown Irish coffee glasses from 1966!!!! :) should get them next week!

Those are gorgeous congrats and enjoy those bad boys :)
    Heading to the liquor store tonight to pick up more whisky. :) gotta break in these babies! Took forever to get them and they are a lot smaller than I thought. Lol