Home Non Cigar Related

Black Powder

First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
I was just wondering if any other botl hunts with black powder. Here are two flintlocks that have made meat. They are Bean style southern mountain styles. All iron forged hardware, and curly maplle stocks. The one on the top is .25 cal and the bottom one is .50 cal. The rifles are a matched set built for me by Dave Motto about thirty years ago. i built the hunting bags, horns, and accesories. image i have killed a number of deer with the .50 and put many squirrels in the pot with the .25 image

Comments

• StubbleStubble Posts: 8,761 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those are drop dead gorgeous! Superb job on the powder horns!! I don't have any BP rifles so I've never done any hunting with one. My boys and I enjoy plinking with BP pistols (Italian replicas) though...1858 Remington and a 1860 Army.
    Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So so cool Rodger and man are you talented at creation and tooling! Thanks for sharing very neat stuff!
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭
    Gorgeous bro! I have the knock off remakes by Thompson Center. I have 2 of the renegades (pic) and I also have a Knight.(they're made just up the road from me)imageimage
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome Matt!
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."