Home Non Cigar Related

Stogiestand experiment

danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
Trying out some dipping techniques using just plain ol aerosol paint. Whatcha thjnk?

(my vid)

photo IMG_20150114_165821.jpg
"It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR

Comments

• youngryan216youngryan216 Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭
    Love em brostradamus! The vid was cool too.
    ISO Ramrod and Ron Mexico
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    youngryan216:
    Love em brostradamus! The vid was cool too.
    Brostradamus??? Why haven't I thought of that? Can I use that? Trade for one of these?
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those are way cool DZR...might have to try that on one of mine. Thinking a red white and blue would be purrrddddyyyy

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• StubbleStubble Posts: 8,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very cool!! That red and white one....looks like blood splatter, very slick!!
    Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Effing AWESOME. I WANT!!! Lol seriously though, those are so neat!
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • D_FreshD_Fresh Posts: 610 ✭✭✭
    Stubble:
    Agreed, that one is fvcking awesome!
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭
    D Fresh:
    Stubble:
    Agreed, that one is fvcking awesome!
    Yep.
  • EulogyEulogy Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those look amazing.
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like it. That one looks a little gruesome, maybe I just spent too many years in ER cleaning up blood spatter.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
    Thanks for the kind words guys. It's because of you guys, I still mess around with this stuff
  • ChemnitzChemnitz Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭
    I think they all look great. very brocreative!
  • roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    Halloween themed? Id use one. Good stand for "killing" a cigar. Lol
    One God, One Truth
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    cool!
  • EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really like the splattered looking ones a lot. Have you done other colors? Have you tried more than one color? I like the suggestion of red/white/blue. What about durability? Mine is a little burned on the end and wonder about paint?

Thanks for sharing. Very cool!
    -- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."
    Echambers:
    I really like the splattered looking ones a lot. Have you done other colors? Have you tried more than one color? I like the suggestion of red/white/blue. What about durability? Mine is a little burned on the end and wonder about paint?

The colors I used in these experiments were black and red on a white SS. I seal them with a clear coat. I assure you that your SS is not burned. It's simply stained. It takes a lot more than a cigar to burn solid surfaces. You can use Scotch brite pad to buff it out.
  • EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
    danielzreyes:
    Echambers:

The colors I used in these experiments were black and red on a white SS. I seal them with a clear coat. I assure you that your SS is not burned. It's simply stained. It takes a lot more than a cigar to burn solid surfaces. You can use Scotch brite pad to buff it out.
    I'll try that. Thanks!
    -- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."
  • matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stogiestands are going next level!

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!

Brostradamus is all yours man! I really dig the mostly white and red splatter guy! Reminds me of the original Resident Evil games when I was little.

Also, when does the DZR sock line come out? I'm ready.
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    youngryan216:
    I really dig the mostly white and red splatter guy!
    Appaloosa!
    Those are really cool.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • ShadowInTheMoonShadowInTheMoon Posts: 507 ✭✭
    Have you ever looked at Swirling or HydroGraphics. If your that good at using aerosol i think you would be amazing with that.
    Two people with a common goal can accomplish many things. Two people with a common enemy can accomplish even more.
  • jimmyv723jimmyv723 Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭
    0patience:
    youngryan216:
    Appaloosa!
    Those are really cool.

The Smoking Dead Stogie Stand. Hey, the Zombie thing is huge right now and these rock.
    Ken Light 3K MOW Badge - 8/14
    2015 Gang War - East Coast
    Enola Gay - Target #29

• 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jimmyv723:
    0patience:
    youngryan216:
    Appaloosa!
    Those are really cool.

The Smoking Dead Stogie Stand. Hey, the Zombie thing is huge right now and these rock.
    Ehat about "Dead Guy" stogie stands for The Day of The Dead???? Now that would be sick!
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Big''nBall''nBig''nBall''n Posts: 767 ✭✭✭✭
    That's cool some metallic would be neat too like a copper and green or blue
    The Names Ball'n.... Big'nBall'n! 
    I have no use for it unless it's unicorn / virgin blood. You choose which -- I'll pay shipping.
    youngryan216:
    I have no use for it unless it's unicorn / virgin blood. You choose which -- I'll pay shipping.
    PM to you Bromegadon
    danielzreyes:
    youngryan216:
    PM to you Bromegadon
    pick one and I'll send it out this week
    photo IMG_20150118_155356.jpg
  • jimmyv723jimmyv723 Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭
    Those came out great Danielsan. They kind of remind me of the "Bowling Ball" Strats that Fender used to do.

Ken Light 3K MOW Badge - 8/14
    2015 Gang War - East Coast
    Enola Gay - Target #29

Oh sweet
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like a bad acid trip... Love it!!!
    danielzreyes:
    danielzreyes:
    youngryan216:
    PM to you Bromegadon
    pick one and I'll send it out this week
    photo IMG_20150118_155356.jpg
    I like the one closest to that Avo. . .so THAT's what unicorn blood looks like.